Drawn for Beaver General Deer

Deerhunterdad

Wanted to do a father son deer hunt where I learned to deer hunt many decades ago. It may be my last Utah hunt. Reading some posts, it doesn't sound very encouraging. Still gonna get out there and camp, hike, spot, and give it hell. Will be eating tag soup, before we shoot a dink though, and I am fine with that. Management starts with self control. Will make a few scouting trips between now and opener but it has been a long time and I am looking for a little help to make the trip special for my son. Any PM is appreciated and I would gladly return the gesture if I could help with Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona, and even know a few So Cal honey holes.

It's definitely not what it was "decades ago", but you've got the right attitude realizing that.
With that being said, your hunt will undoubtedly be a success.

It's not what it was decades ago and it's not what it was 3 years ago. Sounds like you will be happy with any outcome so it will be a great trip. I'd start high unless you have access to some lower farm areas.

It has drastically declined over the past 10 years. Number of deer in general way down. They told us the doe were in good shape going into the winter and 90-95 percent were with fawn so we should see lots of Bambi’s running around this summer. Hopefully that will change the numbers over the next year.

Might have better luck with guys helping out if you or your son had a "terminal illness" or your dad was going with you who was a old war hero but cant get around much anymore.
The "last hunt in Utah" isn't gonna get many bites around here.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom