Draws are up!

I picked a unit with 50% odds last year but failed to draw.

Up to 255 points with no tags for 3 years. :-(

Holy Moly!!!!!

5 for 5 years in a row Any Elk 'cheapie fee'!!!

Plus I drew my RP cow tag too!!!

I love wild wonderful Wyoming!

Robb

Unsuccessful for me but I keep climbing the points ladder - I only had a 4% chance of drawing so not too surprised. This was just a hail Mary application. Zim please try to keep your applications away from mine, I have been very lucky the past couple years and do not want you to ruin it for me!

Was looking for my usual Special General as a 2nd choice and keep building points. Put 54-1 as an impossible 1st choice.....they had a random tag in 54 this year and I drew it out of 29 applicants! Guess I better start figuring 54/65 out!?

5 points now goes to 6 for me this year. 50 percent odds and no tag...time to start looking at a mule deer hunt.

Good luck to everyone

Just drew my first Wyoming tag ever with a 45-9 tag. Stoked. Anybody out there ever hunted this unit?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-11 AT 12:34PM (MST)[p]sagecreek---I've never hunted 45, but I go through on the highway on the south side of the unit every year once or twice when I'm out there on hunts. You will probably need to stay up in the national Forest around 7,000' on up to about 9,700' (where the Wilderness starts and where you can't go without a guide) to do a bowhunt in September. They always seem to be in the rut earlier in September up higher than down in the lower foothills along the west side of the mountains. I doubt that an early hunt like you will be on will have any real weather problems unless a freak storm goes through. Usually the first snow in that area is on into the first part of October or later in most years and is up fairly high in the Mountains.

The boys and I drew our first general tag, wahooo! Hunted 35 Type 9 a couple of years ago but first elk hunt in Wyoming for the kiddies. Archery for me, artillery for the young'uns.

Pulv

Bad news is I will no longer be in the Max Point Pool, the Great news is, that I will be in the desert hunting elk this fall!

First choice. Not sure if in the PP or the random. Only a few at my PP level drew.

Living lucky today.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

stockchopper,
i've hunted 31 alot as a wyo res,
don't shoot the first bull you see,it will be hard i'm sure,but there's very respectable bulls in your area,alot of open country good optics are a must.

good luck,

KPBENNION,
I've been elk hunting a couple of times (CO and MT)and haven't had a shot at an bull elk yet, so I can't believe I'll have a chance at a nice bull. I'll try my best to be picky, but it'll be difficult.
Going alone for 3-4 days archery then 5 days rifle, if work allows. It's at least a 15hr drive.
Any area that I should focus on or is the whole area good?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-11 AT 04:46PM (MST)[p]stockchopper;

Unit 31 is a great tag. You will not only get a shot at an elk but you will get a shot at a 6x6. There are elk all over that unit and it is fun to hunt. Have fun and enjoy your hunt. PM me or email me and I will try and help send you in the right direction.

Robb you are the man. I hope all is well.

stockchopper,
you shoud'nt have any problem kill'n your first elk in this unit,

i'm sure there's elk in the whole unit,but were i have done 95% of my kill'n is along the northern most boundary,if i remember correct it's called sage cr. road then it changes names to ramsey ranch rd depending on direction of travel of course.

mabey someone else that has hunted 31 can chime in and tell ya what they know.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-11 AT 06:22PM (MST)[p]no points 67-9 for dad and I
no points 98-1 for my 12 year old brother! his first hunt!

Whooooooooo!!!!!! :D

Unsuccessful for me, but I put my Step-Dad and Father-in-law in together and they drew 30. I figured if either drew I would be going so I killed two birds with one stone! Now if we can get them both elk...

mountainhunter,
How many points did your father in-law/step dad have??

My old man finally made someone happy and drew unit 30 as well!!!

Myself and buddy drew Gen Tags for the first time...pretty pumped up. Been doing a lot of research expecting to draw with 1 point. Now to dial in an area....

My son drew unit 24. He was maxed out and this was the last year he was able to take advantage of the youth fees. Hoping to get into the 300 class on this hunt.

Missed on my Unit 62 application, but got General as my second choice with my high dollar tag. Hopefully building those points will be worth it in a couple more years.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom