Drew 44 Deer

J

Jimmyg

I drew a 44 deer tag this year after putting in for 15 plus years. Have had 2 scouting trips so far and have found some bucks but no monsters.

Anyone hunted this before and care to share some tips on where to look some more. Heading back next weekend, and then the hunt starts Sept 15.

Thanks in advance.

>have you checked out monster buck
>canyon? I hear there are
>some big bucks there.

As I understand it that canyon burned recently....

Seriously, my good friend has seen a lot of deer, but nothing overly large. Be curious to see if others are reporting the same. Wondering if the "extra" tagholders last year that were carryovers from the fire the year before had an impact on the age class some? If anyone is willing to share an opinion, even if by confidential PM, no worries, I don't have the tag.

I have been up there 3 times so far and have been seeing plenty of bucks, but have only seen 2 that I think would go maybe 170. And this past weekend, they disappeared from where they were 2 weeks before.

It's gonna be interesting in a couple weeks.

It can be tough to turn up a good buck in unit 44. Hold out, because deer move through to get over to unit 45. You never know when a shooter will move in to 44 from 43.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom