drew 90-1!!!! need info

robAK

Just drew 90-1 and looking for as much info as possible. I live in Alaska so I probably wont be able to pre scout the area before the hunt. Not looking for any honey holes just logistics, what to expect and etc...Are 4 wheelers/bikes necessary? How is access? Which areas hold deer later in the month? Best places to camp to hunt efficiently. I grew up in Idaho and have hunted deer for years and I'm trying to get as much info as possible to have a great hunt. All info will be appreciated. Thanks

Best advice I can give is scout the area. Show up 3 - 4 days before the season opens. If that isn't possible, I'd call Randy at Thunder Ridge Outfitters. This is one of their favorite areas. They also have the cheapest guided hunts around and if you don't get something with them, you could keep on hunting DIY after your guided hunt is over.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-13 AT 04:01PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-13 AT 04:01?PM (MST)

Email sent, I had the tag last year.

you dont need a guide. dont waste your money! there are a ton of nice bucks. get in your truck, drive and look with your bino's. you'll run into some nice bucks. i have hunted that for 3 years. btw, thanks for drawing my tags.. :( ;)

you could fill your tags the first day, but if your looking for a big boy, just drive and look.

May I ask how many points you had. We did not draw the buck tag this year, but we drew the doe tags for that area. Will be taking my son & daughter there on our way to bring my daughter to MSU in August. You planning to archery or rifle hunt? We will be there on Aug. 15 to bow hunt and can give you an update on what conditions and water looks like. PM me and I can provide some more information.

Bill

If you look at the NR odds he either had 7 points or lucked out and drew it random. All 12 tags from the NR regular and NR special went to 7pp holders.

Sorry guys for not responding sooner. I drew with max points in reg draw. Do you guys think I need to worry about private lands? I grew up in Idaho and never worried because of all the public lands. On google earth looks a lot like southern Idaho. Really stoked for the hunt and appreciate all of your input.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom