Drew a Tag 061-68 Late Deer

mistertwister

Hey Guys, I drew a 061-68 Late Mule Deer Tag - Any Weapon. Season starts Oct 21 - Nov 5. I believe later in season is better but it is impossible for me to hunt the 1st week in November. How much does this impact my hunt and are early dates ok for this area. I have waited a long time for this type of tag and would appreciate any advice on the earlier dates vs later dates regarding deer #'s and quality.
Thanks for your help.

the later the date the deeper in the rut, and the late dates are the big advantage in that hunt, although it does somewhat depend on the weather, maybe you can get lucky and it will get cold earlier.

IMO the late hunt can be bitter sweet. hunting the rutt is sweet, don't get me wrong. I have spent a lot of time in 6 on the late hunt, but have had issues getting to where I wanted to hunt from to much snow. If a big snow hits you also run the risk of early migration. Odds are better you will have good weather. I myself would take early 6 over late, and after hunting 6 last year, a muzzloader tag might even be better in the area I hunted.

NVMDF

+1 For a DIY guy I think early is the ticket. And I like the draw odds a lot better. :) There are only 55 muzzleloader tags so the deer haven't been pressured like they will be during the late, so your scouting won't be useless. Not sure how the new early 6 elk hunts will affect things either. You should have a great hunt though. Most guys that guide in there do pretty well.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom