Drew AZ rifle lope!

schmalts

Well, it is a rifle tag for either 10 or 9
I do not know a darn thing about the units, never set foot in them, and put in for them because it was the hardest draws and i mostly just wanted a point. Talk to me guys, what do i expect to see? I need to not think about it too much until the UT draw for elk is over because if a good elk tag gets drawn this tag may get used for asswipe due to the time slot for the hunt.

I think either unit produces many bucks that would score over 80" which is a great rifle buck. I think if you figure out the area well you could find a few in the 85-90" class, especially in 10. Drawing that tag is the hardest part, now it's time to put it to good use! Good Luck!!

Better hope it's unit 10, I hunted 9 a few years ago and it's a tough hunt. there's a few decent billys in it but way too many trees, real tough to glass.

10 can be tough too as there are a lot of BIG goats behind "no hunting" signs.

Niehter hunts are as easy as some of the other units do to the land (lots of private in 9). If you think you aren't going to make the hunt I would highly consider donating the tag to Hunt of a Lifetime. They will put the tag to good use and I'm sure some ill child would love to go on one of those hunts.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-07 AT 07:46PM (MST)[p]>Yet another wasted tag. Thanks.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>It's Bush's fault!!!

Your welcome, you are really a dandy aren't you?

Schmalts-The fact that you would actually knowingly put in for a premier permit that conflicts with a another premier hunt just to let one waste is a slap in the face to all those that know exactly what either one of those units holds. Why would'nt you just put in for the bonus point? If you don't use the tag at least try to sign it over to Hunt of a Lifetime so somebody can use it. I wonder just how many tags go unused? Especially, for the non-residents. I mean if you don't use this tag that's 29% of the available non-resident permits available for units 9&10 combined and 50% & 20% respectively. There are so many hunters that covet tags for any Arizona antlope permit, let alone 9&10. Good luck either way. CDN

Wow! I"m with you! The chances of drawing two good tags for the same period are astronomical. I wish I had the chance at trying. Congrats on the tag. I applied for unit Lope in unit 10 and 13. Looks like another bonus point for me. (12) so far. Later

I think the comments were directed at the attitude. Using a unit 10 lope tag for "asswipe"?

Could you not have just said you will have to make a tough choice?

There was one suggestion to donate the tag to Hunt of a lifetime. Great call.

Please try to help our image when you can. We will need all the support we can get in the coming years.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-07 AT 04:27PM (MST)[p]Sremim Yea I owe you an opology, I got you mixed up with this guy from a post from last spring and this is where the camera comment came up.

"Thanks for the update Coueskiller, We checked all 16 of our trail cams Yesterday and pulled some good photos of elk and deer. Even caught lots of people posing for pictures as well. One guy was either blind or just being a cartoon, We got him taking a leak right next to the water hole our camera was on. Well good luck to you, and any additional ideas will really be a big help on this years hunt.
ShedReg! "

Sorry, But your original post rubbed me the wrong way, then to top it off the next guy talking out of his ass saying no one should apply for more than one hunt is really a mouthfull of BS.

Anyway, Don't need your help, I got it covered.

Schmalts,

Apology accepted and I too apologize. See my post on this on the general forum. And if you do want/need any additional info, PM me.

It's Bush's fault!!!

Schmalts- I'm not sure this is worth getting so excited over, but that is entirely up to you. I'm quite sure the mentally challenged and lowly fry cooks of the world do not appreciate being disrespected. I will leave them and anymore responses to them out of this post. I'm pretty sure they're not involved. As far as being an idiot or a clown. You decide. Because you have no idea how much I don't care. I don't cry, never whine, and will not find out for a few more days if i have been drawn or not. However, to clarify what I meant in my previous post I will say this another way. I think your comment "I need to not think about it too much until the UT draw for elk is over because if a good elk tag gets drawn this tag may get used for asswipe due to the time slot for the hunt." was better left unsaid. You said it youself, " I mostly just wanted the points." Hunt #2000 was for bonus points only. Tags are so difficult to come by if someone can't use it I just hate to see it go to waste. There should be ways to turn a permit back in to issue it to the next application in order or as I previously suggested HUNT OF A LIFETIME. Your right! It is naieve for me to expect hunters not have possible conflicts while drawing for other states. Personally, I do not do it myself, but that's my choice even though it lowers my overall chances of getting drawn elsewhere(cash flow is pretty good and allows for hunts across the southwest and midwest). Anyways, I meant no disrespect and wish you the best of luck regarless of your hunt. I'm envious either way. CDN_

As a newbie on this site I have to
say some of you guys are ignorant of these arizona units. Both are outstanding and if you would research the hunt success you would see how good these hunts are.. Good luck to you schmalts I bet you kill a real nice lope.... unit 10 is loaded from williams to seligman.

Well, i just found out I drew my second choice by surprise. So i have a unit 9 tag. Being unit 10 was my first choice, and there are twice as many tags for that unit me and a few other thought the odds were better that i got the 10 tag. Looks like i was drawn on the tail end of the picking when there were still tags in 9 left, and 10 was all full already

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-07 AT 07:35PM (MST)[p]Schmalts congrats on the 9 lope tag!! Unit 10 is probably the toughest antelope unit to draw in Arizona even when they're giving out around 50 tags. There's almost 6,000 people applying for those 50 tags in unit 10 making odds less than 1/2 of one percent. Unit 9 has about 1,400 people applying for 20 tags making odds closer to two percent.

Well, well... well. Looks like I got under someones skin with using cameras for a hunt. Are you upset because you were the cartoon that we got a picture of. I don't see why your complainig about my cameras. Sounds to me, like you can afford 16 or 17 of your own game cameras. Especially if all us fry cooks can buy that many I'm sure you can. Be careful when looking for your antelope this year, I might get you on camera again!!!!!!

Shedreg!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-30-07 AT 02:10PM (MST)[p]

Never set foot in any of your camera units. really dont care either. I dont think you get the whole jest of this post anyway. Trust me, if i had found one of your cameras on a waterhole i would had had a much sicker sense of humor than your cartoon characters did. Do like pictures of hairy asses? Balloon knots? Brown spiders? Taint? Chocolate grommets? That is funny stuff to me, I am a sick bastard

"Sick bastard" is just a cover up! Maybe you can use my cameras to come out of the closet! You sound like you get a kick out of ol' " Big Jim and the twins"!!! Little bit of a fettish huh?

> So are you saying you
>want some frontal shots??
>I can do that too,
>but only a gay man
>would request it.

Hey schmuck!, I mean schmalts!.... the 3rd grade called, and they want their joke back! Way to repeat what I just said!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom