Drew Region H

H

huntermatt24

Our party of 4 drew tags for Region H. We know a guy that guides in the area, and that is why we put in for it. I am a little worried that he is gonna be too busy to help us as much as he initially planned on. I am looking to get as much information on the area as I possibly can, just in case he can't follow through. Any help would be appreciated. Where is the best place to get maps? I have heard that it is pretty crowded during the first few days, and then it dies down after that. What are your thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks again

I'm not from WY but I've hunted H twice. I can tell you that there are crowds the first week, actually starting two days before the opener with camps getting setup and all.

If you only have one week to pick I would base my decision on type of hunting you prefer. If you are going to pack in with animals and setup a camp looking for deer in the final days of their summer range I would hunt the first week.

If you prefer to stay at the trail head, camper, cabin, or motel I would recommend the last two weeks of the season. If you are going to hunt close to the trail heads the later the better.

Shoot straight...

I would go early and get back in as far as you can and find a good buck then sit on him until the opener, And kill him the first day, because anywhere you hunt you will have company.

Region G & H have way to many people kicking around starting the week before the season opener.

Close to the trails there are Horses everywhere, camps everywhere, orange on every ridge, It's a zoo. Much better off leaving the horses behind and backpacking into the remotest parts away from the beaten trails.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom