Drew the Kaiparowits West.

Yakatak

I was in the Max points for North San Rafael Pronghorn and somehow pulled a D-Sheep tag instead. Surprise, I wasn't expecting to draw this tag for another 15 years or so with only 13 point's in the hat. That said, I'm not going into it completely unprepared, but any info that I could acquire from anyone on this site would be Gratefully Appreciated!

I'm a fairly successful hunter in my mid-forty's with a passion for taking my game with a muzzle-loader but, a blue-collar worker none the less. So, a Guided hunt is unlikely. I'm completely comfortable with a DIY hunt and have already started My sheep shape program. I'm not looking for anyone's "secret" spots, just have a goal to put Utah's third muzzle-loader Ram in the books.

Thanks in advance,
Yak

Well, being in your mid 40s and fat and out of shape I think you should turn the tag back in. ;-)

Good luck on your workout program.

PS. I've enjoyed the couple of hikes we got in already. Let's do it again soon.

Yak,
I PMed you with some contact names of guys who have hunted that unit. I hope you got it. If not let me know and I will try again.

Yeah,

Fat and outta shape being the Key words! It's been nice having such a knowledgeable Sheep hunter just down the road. This is going to be a good time. I'm hoping you'll be right there too.

LBH, I didn't get it somehow. If you'd send it again I'd be grateful!

Yak.

For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security.

Thomas Jefferson

Yak,
I sent you the info again in a PM.
Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
Best of luck. That is a very good tag and you are very lucky to NOT be hunting antelope!

AWESOME, AWESOME HUNT !!!!

Been down there on a couple different sheep hunts with guys,
sent you a PM as-well. Good luck, AND enjoy!

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom