Drew Unit 15 Muzzy Oct.15-19

NW_Bucketlist

My brother in law drew the unit 15 muzzy tag. We will be heading down from Washington probably hauling a trailer to stay in. I have hunted unit 6c and the forest roads were terrible. How are the roads in 15 during mid October? Also what is the weather doing that time of year? Any good campgrounds around Luna or Aragon? I think I am more excited for the hunt then my brother in law.

RD 19 splits the unit down the middle, you can drag just about anything down it. You can camp anywhere on the National Forest like anywhere else. Any of the side roads will be bad to terrible if it rains enough. Look at Head of The Ditch Campground off the 180 west of Luna, but its on the 23 side of the Hwy.

Sweet thanks for the help! After hunting unit 6c a few years ago I still have nightmares about the Forest roads in New Mexico. I chose what looked like a solid road on onX and end up only making it 6 miles in 4 hours towing a 24ft enclosed trailer the ruts got so bad I had to have my hunting partner out of the truck picking my lines to drive.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom