Droptine Blacktails

YBO

Long Time Member
Anyone ever harvest a blacktail buck or picked up an blacktail antler that had a droptine or two? To me, a dropper on a blacktail is the ultimate catch. I've been fortunate to have whacked one that had a 10" dropper and have picked up several sheds with droppers on them. Two of my clients have also been lucky enough to shoot bucks with 6 inch droppers. Lets hear or see some responses.

It's Sunday am and the unsuccessful notice from Utah (WITH 9 POINTS) has me a little irritable. Go Kings, Rick

Hey Rick I feel just like you do, I got my Utah unsuccessful letter saturday,8 points.Where do you hunt in Calif.? I hunt the B zones usually,have a great day......Devlin

Devlin, I hunt mostly B1 and B5. I try to hunt B2 and B3 if I can find the time. Rifle season starts Sept 20th this year..It's time to get the winter fat off. Oh..the good life. If I were still only 29 instead of 49! The crazy thing about getting older is that you can still make it to the top of the mountain (albiet, a bit slower) but it seem that it takes forever to recover from the little aches and pains. What B zone do you hunt most often? Later, Rick

Rick...I Hunt mostly in B3 because I live in Paradise and thats the closest place to me.I,m hopeing I get drawn for Wyoming which opens Sept.15 and if I do I,ll miss opening day in B3 but that would be fine with me.Oh yea, I never have seen a Blacktail with a dropper and I,ve seen gobs of them. I know all about aches and pain as I,m 55 and had back surgery last Dec.5 but my back feels great now and I,m really looking forward to Deer season or some hog hunting,well it,s my bed time and back to work in the morning have a good day Rick........Devlin

A guy brought my Dad and I a 9X7 non typical blacktail a few years back, it has double bases on the right side, with one of them forking, and the other had 5 regular points and one hooked drop tine. The left side is a typical 4 point with a couple stickers and eye guards on both sides. We mounted a bear for the guy and had planned on doing the Buck, but he never paid for the bear, and we still have the buck. Personally I think the antlers are worth more than what the bear was worth.

LAST EDITED ON May-07-03 AT 10:45PM (MST)[p]Kilowatt,
I just registered for a MM e-mail tonight. My address is [email protected] Could you send that again to this e-mail? Thanks, Tom For some reason the link is getting screwed up when I try to post So I'll space it differently: Devlin @MonsterMuleys.com

Killowatt,
I don't understand what you mean by "inbox" on the MM homepage. I have checked my personal e-mail and I have created a MM e-mail and I can't find any other INBOX to check. I have looked at the MM home page and can't find anywhere where there is an inbox. Could you feed me a few more details? I'm so computer illiterate Thanks, Tom

Devlin,
The first page that comes up RIGHT AFTER you log on by your user name and password is the main page. At the top left corner you will see a RED FLAG saying you have INBOX MAIL. Now look right above and over to the right and look for the WORDS IN-BOX Mail, click on this and you will see the message that was sent to you. You then can reply at the bottom of this format page and then just send it back to whoever sent it to you.
Brian

i have a customer that brought a blacktail in to be mounted. It has a 9" dropper on the left side. the buck has declined quite a bit. we know this because my customer has 2 years of sheds from this buck and each have the same dropper. if he were into scoring these deer the blacktails would be shocked

Hey, i just killed a buck with a 6" drop tine . (zone a) Awesome buck. Super heavy, 2 eyeguards on 1 side 20 1/4 wide. Bowhunted him 1 day, but outsmarted me.Not this time. Killed several bucks over 20, but this 1 tops em all.

well i killed a buck back in 97 that kinda has a drop tine lol

it has one eye guard on the left that points down. not what id really call a drop tine though lol hes a whopper though. nice 9x7 non typical taken with a rifle. heres a pic of the mount

040977.jpg

When i get the photos, and figure out how to put them on the computer, i'll do it.

Find someone with a scanner and email it to yourself, then check your mail,click on "forward" and forward it to [email protected].
Be sure to mark it "Message Board Photo", Brian (Founder) here will send it back to you with a number designation then make your post, tell your story and type in the number designated to your photo and click "preview" The photo should appear like magic!

That is a nice buck and you got to love the mass. congrats.

Happy trails

Ridge Runner

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom