Ducks, ain't they something?

Good job Boss, you folks have shot enough geese this year to feed you through the rest of the winter. I suspect your keeping a 2 liter bottle on hand for every goose in the locker!

NeM are south of Alberta or Sask.?

DC

I have made piles of jerky this year. I can give that away easily. Lot's of the guys who ice fish want some of it and the staff at my office seems to keep it all cleaned up where I bring in to them.

We are south of Sask. It is waterfowling nirvana up there. 20 white geese, 8 ducks and 8 dark geese per day.

Nemont

NeMont, nice going. Do you use layout blinds? Pit blinds are not legal in California and the key to our success is the meticulous detail to blending our layout blinds in naturally. And calling.

We just started drying out, and now there are three storms lined up to hit in the next week. We have a late season that starts Feb. 18. That's usually better hunting anyway.

We use layout blinds with snow covers. Snow is the great equalizer when it comes to the hide. We also are almost on the X and never run traffic. Pits are allowed but I don't like being tied to one or two fields and given it variable winds it is better to be mobile

NeM, if you were going to hunt Sask. do you have any thoughts where you might focus. I am really wanting to head up this fall/winter and I'd like to start exploring the variabilities.

DC

Perhaps I'm confused as to what you are describing as pit blinds, but I've never heard of a law in California prohibiting sunken blinds, I know most all of the hunters in the rice fields are using sunken tank blinds. We've been hunting a floating blind in the delta and have been doing fair,to good the last few weeks, mostly wigeon with a few teal and mallard mixed in.

Mark

Depends on what you want. I have free lanced up there and have gone outfitted. In the end I figured for 6 days of hunting booking with an outfitter cost an additional $500. Keep in mind they do all the scouting and getting permission, have all the deeks and lodging plus feed you.

So if you want to free lance I will pm you some areas. If you are interested in an outfitter I have a contact for you.

Nemont

Both alternatives would be helpful NeM. A $500 spread is not a lot, but free lancing has a different feel, that I like. However, I'd like to explore as many opinions as I can.

Have you hunted any of the Hutterite colonies in Sask.

I'm mostly want to hunt ducks, but a goose hunt wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.

Thank you,
DC

Pits are awesome if you have a spot and the equipment to install them.

7260bradleypit.jpg

Obviously I must have been wrong about pit blinds in California. Sorry about that. I've been a sculler for too long I guess.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom