Early Middlefork Deer

Rizzy

Anyone backpack into the middlefork zone for the general deer hunt? How long do you spend and what kind of quality do you expect?

What areas get more outfitter pressure?

We've been in a couple of times this year, so far we've seen as many wolves as deer. The bucks we did see were not huge unless you consider the amount of work need to pack them out.

Thanx for the reply, that's close to what I saw while scouting.

In 4 days I saw 2 Bucks both on the 3rd day. The 4th day I heard the wolves. Almost no Elk sign and not much deer sign. I had a great time though and I will be going back for the bigger Buck and Wolves.

There is for sure easier hunts, but I like the early time frame of this hunt for backpacking.

>I've deer hunted 26 and 27
>in October. The hunt
>was better the as it
>moved closer to November.

In October did you fly in or hike in?

>>I've deer hunted 26 and 27
>>in October. The hunt
>>was better the as it
>>moved closer to November.
>
>In October did you fly in
>or hike in?

I flew in three times. 27 is easier to hunt, terrain wise, than 26. I would say they are equal deer quality wise. 27 had more hunters.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom