early rifle unit 10

I don't know how it happened, but glad she got it! Good luck to her, use calls, and don't shoot the first bull as I think it will be too fun to have her end it so soon. Good luck.

I don't know how it happened, but glad she got it! Good luck to her, use calls, and don't shoot the first bull as I think it will be too fun to have her end it so soon. Good luck.

Thanks. Lucky kid. She shot a 5x5 on the 22 north thanksgiving hunt last year. It took us until the last day of the hunt.

Great tag. Yes the Bigbo can be good. Damn shame it has become a money game tho. It has cut down on the mobs that used to be there tho so that is a good thing. There are good bulls throughout the unit. Do most of your scouting right before the hunt. Good luck!

Great tag. Yes the Bigbo can be good. Damn shame it has become a money game tho. It has cut down on the mobs that used to be there tho so that is a good thing. There are good bulls throughout the unit. Do most of your scouting right before the hunt. Good luck!

We just pulled out of the Utah draw so we will be doing a lot of scouting. He was just up there on a sheep hunt so the area wont be totally foreign

While taking Don Martins supplemental class this winter he mentioned that the quality is down in unit 10. His comment was not to pass up a 330 bull out there. Nothing wrong with 330 bulls but not that long ago 360 was realistic

While taking Don Martins supplemental class this winter he mentioned that the quality is down in unit 10. His comment was not to pass up a 330 bull out there. Nothing wrong with 330 bulls but not that long ago 360 was realistic
I'd say a 330 bull for a 12 year old is ridiculously great

Quality is not down in unit 10, not sure why he said that. With a guide a 390 plus bull, should be a realistic goal. High Point Outfitters puts down those type bulls every year.

We guide in that unit and the reason most guys hire a guide is because they don’t have the time to scout.

If you get the chance to scout, then there’s no reason you couldn’t kill what hiring a guide would get you, and I’m guessing a 12 year old may have a different view of a trophy than most others on here!

Quality isn’t down, there are still great bulls in that unit, especially the way this year is shaping up, but I would say numbers are down.

Good luck, post us some pics.

We pulled out of the Utah draw and just got BP so we can have more time to scout. Her dad will do a ton of scouting and I will be joining him on most trips. We just need to figure out where our best option is since it's such a big unit.

A friend of ours had a sheep hunt there last year and hunted on the Diamond A ranch. He saw some monster bulls there so we may check it out.

As far as a 12 year old having a different view of a trophy, you're right. But we'll be there for quality control!! She shot a 5x5 last year so 6X6 is a must!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom