Earthquake

Daughter lives in Salt Lake. Knocked pictures off walls, stuff off all shelves, and chandelier swinging wildly wall to wall. She said VERY scary!!!

Was up reading all the corona and financial meltdown stuff when I ended up wearing a bunch of my cup of coffee. Crazy thing was, I could hear it before I could feel it and thought the wind was blowing out of the canyon super hard at first. Started out as side to side motion then switched to up and down like my whole house was pounding on the foundation.

Needless to say for someone who thinks of themself as being pretty hard and well 'prepperd', this one tested me a bit more than I thought it would. 20 mins later I was talking to my son with our three grand kids and the 4.0 aftershock hit. Five seconds later the phones went dead in mid sentence. Needless to say that definitely made the old heart go a pitter patter.

Thankfully we're all safe and sound to reflect on what we might need to sort out for the if where and when misfortune comes your way.

Sure wish now that I'd shot the giant mamma cow instead of the tender viddles calf this year at the end of the late bow hunt :)

Be safe out there and keep your fam and love ones close.

Cheers,
Pete

I was hanging wires in a bldg. dropped the lag pole and ran for the exit. Felt an aftershock in the afternoon while driving pretty intense. A first for me. My wife was in Costco with my mother in law when the quake hit. Glad the family and dogs were all ok. Checked on my elderly neighbor when I got home she was good too. Hope all the rest of the Utah MM members and their families are good.

14711FD8-0A8A-4413-8BFE-B2002DC23FDA.jpeg

We had a pretty good earthquake while I was in Hawaii last year. My brother in law who spends all winter there said we were going to have a earthquake a full 5 seconds before we could feel it. He could hear it headed down the mountain

My wife told her team in Cali she would be a little late logging on as we'd just had a 5.7 earthquake.

"Could you even feel that?"?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom