East Canyon Moose

t_boneking

Well, luck finally smiled on me and I drew an East Canyon moose tag. I am really excited. I figured even with 18 points I would be years away from drawing any moose tag. I have been on the unit a few times and have seen some good bulls. I am looking forward to spending many days scounting and getting to know the unit. Any help, insights or advice from those that are more familiar with the unit would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance for any help and good luck this season!

do a search and you should find a bunch of good info, and contacts. it should be a fun hunt for you, post some pics when your done.

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Fun hunt, scout it hard the week before the hunt- the bulls really start moving around the last part of September looking for cows. Should be able to find info by searching on the forum here. I had the tag in 2009 and was successful with my bow. With less tags the quality should be coming back up.

Two things I learned from my Wyoming moose hunt many years ago.
First, despite being big and black, they can hide in places you would never believe.
Second thing I learned. Don't shoot one by yourself. They won't fit in your backpack! :)

Congrats and have a great time!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom