East Idaho Turkey

steelheader

The hunt started on the 1st but because of some things at work I couldn't get away till Friday morning. The first set up of the day and we got an answer from about 200 yards away, It took about 15 min before he came into view in full strut. After a few min he came on in around a bush at 40 yards and I took him at 37, the 5 shot put him right down. The hunt lasted all of 90 mins from leaving the truck.
5880imag0513.jpg

Great looking tom Scott! Does Dustin have a tag? My son, Preston has the youth tag, and we've been struggling to get him on any birds. We've been fighting wind, rain, or snow everytime we've been out but one trip. We had some birds scouted out, but they've vacated the area. Our last time out, we didn't see or hear a single bird.

Congratulations, Eric

No Dustin didnt have a tag, this is only #2 for me in 12 yrs. We were headed up above kellys, some guys I know have heard some up there when they have gone up horn hunting. But that morning we decided to hit some spots along the river first and it panned out. Some birds they have heard have even been back in a couple of miles. I'll send you a pm when I get a sec.

My gun is a old Revelation 12g, My parents got it for me when I was 12. It sat for a long time then on my first turkey hunt I thought I would use it because it has a front and back sight. Boy does it pattern well. so far its 7 for 7.

Can I ask what general area you hunt turkeys in? I've been looking to try in SE Idaho, but I've actually only seen turkeys once here (around Rexburg area). It looks like a blast, but I don't know if SE Idaho is even that plausible to hunt in.

>My gun is a old Revelation
>12g, My parents got it
>for me when I was
>12. It sat for a
>long time then on my
>first turkey hunt I thought
>I would use it because
>it has a front and
>back sight. Boy does it
>pattern well. so far its
>7 for 7.

Love that gun!!!! Makes a fine turkey weapon. Congrats.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom