Eastern Idaho bow hunters

kimbersig

Anyone been out yet chasing muleys? I went out for the opener only to be disappointed. Areas that I used to see lots of deer and some good bucks had nothin! Saw 3 separate does and only one of them had fawns. Pretty disappointing. Hopefully not all of eastern Idaho is looking this bleak for muleys

We have seen more deer in our area. several sets of twins and small bucks. Compared to the last couple years, we are seeing more.

I asked a landowner in the area (who has also seen more deer) if someone killed the big mountain lion that lives there and he said "YES".

Hmm

He has seen at least 9 sets of twins this year.

I saw camps of hunters from Utah, Wisconsin, Oregon, California and Washington. They literally outnumbered the deer or elk I saw. I saw two does, both had twins. Looked healthy.

Don't feel to bad I am over here on the west side of the state & it was the worst I have seen in over 30 years !! I did a 8 mile hike Fri did a 6 1/2 mile horse ride Sat did another 6 mile hike on Monday !! Saw ONE dink ass forkie !! What I could not believe was Not only did we only see the one little buck we saw in all those miles NO more than 8 or 10 sets of deer tracks !!! But you sure cant convince F&G that our deer #s are in trouble !!

I'm not giving up just yet before I go check a few more spots but I was pretty disappointed. hopefully it was just this one spot that was this bad. we didn't find any tracks or poop either.

Good luck I was out Sat & Sun saw less than 10 sets of deer tracks & NOT a single deer spotted in the Weiser area !! 7.4 miles 3 guys on Sat solo Sun 5.6 miles !! Unit 31 deer have NO fear from me & my group again this year .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom