Eastmans hunting show last night

Downrange

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-15 AT 05:44PM (MST)[p]Watched eastmans last night along with about every hunting show on the outdoor channel since my back is out and had nothing better to do. Anyways watched Ike take 190 inch four point, Dang good buck any body else see this, just wondering if they are hunting private land cuz the country looked awesome. Also at the start of the show said they were hunting sw wyoming along the Utah border. Would that be unit 101 102 that's my question

Was this the same one where he missed the first shot? If so I have to agree. Awesome deer country.

They usually hunt the Pig Ranch, or at least that's what it used to be called. Wendell Fraughton owns it.

Yep, Muddy Creek Outfitters. Short season and the E's take the first week when they are undisturbed.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-15 AT 09:31PM (MST)[p]Aren't they down to just saying "fair chase is the only way to hunt and take big game"?

They tend to mention "public land diy" when they're on public.

watchin it on dvr right now... ol mike says the last thing you want to do is rush in and blow a stalk..."just like i say in my book"...

great advice when you are on private land and dont have to worry about anyone else messin it up for ya. these guys.. and that buck looks a lot more like the 165 on my wall than 190...just sayin...

I used to watch it all the time ,mostly for the scenery.Always had some nice pictures.Have not seen one of there shows all winter.Most of there hunts are something I will never be able to do.

If they only hunted DIY on public land they wouldn't have as much film available for the Network. Guy and Ike are not bad fellows and I know they work hard at what they do. Mike reminds me of a carnival barker always peddling books, videos or the magazine. The buck killed by Ike looked nice to me.

It doesn't bother me if they go guided or on public land. "Fair chase is the only way to hunt and take trophy big game" is what they say - has nothing to do with guided or public land in my opinion. They're just putting together a show and getting to do what they love for a living. And they do hunt public ground sometimes too. I like the show and like seeing different country. The only episodes they do that I'm not a fan of is their "hunt winner" when they take him down to Colorado for elk hunt. Those seem pretty canned, but they're wild elk too so I don't know.

My group saved the money and went on a private land hunt once. Money well spent, but like anything else...If its to easy, you have to suspect it gets old every year.

If I had enough money to go every year. I think I'd have to film someone else...Maybe take kids or disabled.

I'd also say the #s on the tape may add up a little easier, if a kid took the deer. To each, their own.

Ok muddy creek outfitters on private land . Anybody know what unit that private land is located in. I want to hunt the borders ha ha.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-15 AT 12:52PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-15 AT 12:51?PM (MST)

i like Ike's comment (while they are standing up in plain sight in a field of flat sage brush wearing fluorescent orange) "they dont seem very bothered that we are here, lets get a little closer and take a shot" and then they proceed to walk right at the deer and bump them over the hill. of course they stopped 200yards on the other side of the hill and the hunters walked over the top and whacked one.
if you were stalking that same buck on public land on the idaho side, you would have to be belly crawling in full camo and even then you might have a tough time getting there before someone else did. you have to control your thought process also, the public land bucks are like darth vader, they are psychic and have telekinetic power and can sense disturbances in the force, if you are not careful, your thoughts will betray you...just like skywalker. All of the ones without this power have already been shot.
i remember rolling my eyes a year or two ago when they were hunting on the same ranch and the old man whacked a buck, crab claws, looked like it would be lucky to break 170 and he was claiming the back tangs and eyegards pushed it over 190. maybe they went to the ryan hatch school of scoring. run the tape and if no one is around to verify...add 20.

Private within region K. I actually look forward to this show every year. Great mule deer country and they usually have a great hunt. I was never under the impression that it wasn't private land. My guess is that Mike Eastman has had his time in the high country and at his age looks forward to the ranch hunts.

Rich

They do hunt a lot of public and I don't know how much private they hunt but I really don't care. Its not high fence hunting and they are not poaching. Nothing wrong with asking a landowner to hunt their land. Nothing wrong with paying money to hunt somewhere. When ya got a tv show to run with a production crew you got to do what ya got to do.

Im not going to hold anything against people that hunt private. in the state of Texas where it 97 percent private then what is a guy suppose to do?

I like Ike. He is on one of our electrical boards and he is a great asset. He also gave me a ton of info to find mnt. goats back in 2011. Guy lives down the street from me and he to will share info. I do all the electrical work for the eastmans and have zero problems and they treat me very well.

I'm showing my age but that Gordon dude was way cool!

I fell in love with his movies back when I was a younger man and his adventures inspired me to seek out many high adventure hunts of my own, down through the years.

The generations of boys after Gordon never held the allure for me that Gordon did but I have not found reasons to fault them for what they do. I wish I had a ranch to hunt on but I don't and they do. No hard feeling here.

Zeke

I agree with nfh, if I had connections to hunt some prime mule deer country on private bet you A&& I would be there every year LOL!!! Eastmans do plenty of public land hunting and in some rough country contending with the mighty Grizz and elements!! And like nfh said they got a show to produce.

Glad to see some house cleaning on this forum..!

Now back to hunting...

At least when you watch Eastmans, they are hunting out west. These whitetail shows are getting old. Bass Fishing/Turkey too...

Longest winter i can remember too...lol

Exactly, they are hunting. Not just sitting in someone else's blind or following along to do the shooting. They are hunting.

I like their show and they seem genuine, even Mike. He just has some years on him so probably won't be packing into wilderness.

Most of the other shows are simply a travelling shows from outfitter to outfitter.

12k for mostly tame deer on that ranch. hell sighn mossback up he would love it!
hornkiller.jpg

>I'm showing my age but that
>Gordon dude was way cool!
>
>
>I fell in love with his
>movies back when I was
>a younger man and his
>adventures inspired me to seek
>out many high adventure hunts
>of my own, down through
>the years.
>
>The generations of boys after Gordon
>never held the allure for
>me that Gordon did but
>I have not found reasons
>to fault them for what
>they do. I wish I
>had a ranch to hunt
>on but I don't and
>they do. No hard feeling
>here.
>
>Zeke

Back in thoughs days Gordon Eastman was lke a hero to me.He done things that I only dreamed about.when his shows came to our town,I,d go just as many times as I could afford to , to watch him and his friends.Good family shows !! Then and now.

>Glad to see some house cleaning
>on this forum..!
>
>Now back to hunting...
>
>At least when you watch Eastmans,
>they are hunting out west.
>These whitetail shows are getting
>old. Bass Fishing/Turkey too...
>
>Longest winter i can remember too...lol
>

i can't agree more, keep cleaning

I doubt their pronghorn hunts in Colorado are public land either. The unit they are hunting has very little public.

A lot of us have been buying their magazine for years.
Eastmans,Garth and Jason Carter were very smart, Now they hunt private land with high cost tags.
They all go on private land hunts and buy $10,000 landowner tags now with your, mine & our $$$.
But we get to watch their shows and read their books...
And look and nice animals.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-05-15 AT 12:26PM (MST)[p]>>What happened to posts 24-40??
>
>
>topgun and buzz got a time
>out

Posts by several of us were deleted that were deemed inappropriate and not conducive to what Founder is trying to do to clean up the site! That is something that I can certainly agree with and will do my best to no longer get into useless disagreements with anyone because I'd like to stay around here for a long time to come. There was no "time out" issued to anyone to the best of my knowledge. Happy Easter to everyone!

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-05-15
>AT 12:26?PM (MST)

>
>>>What happened to posts 24-40??
>>
>>
>>topgun and buzz got a time
>>out
>
>Posts by several of us were
>deleted that were deemed inappropriate
>and not conducive to what
>Founder is trying to do
>to clean up the site!
> That is something that
>I can certainly agree with
>and will do my best
>to no longer get into
>useless disagreements with anyone because
>I'd like to stay around
>here for a long time
>to come. There was no
>"time out" issued to anyone
>to the best of my
>knowledge. Happy Easter to
>everyone!

That's funny, anyone taking bets!!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom