Easy pickins if we could hunt late Winter

bcoufal

7093king.jpg

7093king.jpg

8191dsc_1024.jpg

The late season is probably not as easy as shooting them off the street like they do in Boulder.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-13 AT 11:45PM (MST)[p]Yeah no kidding, only in Boulder. Then to top it off, they do a candle light visual and write a song..

The pictures were from RMNP and just out side of the park.

Even though I've lived on the bestern Slope for the last 25 years I grew up close to RMNP, it looked familiar.

Last August above Andrews Glacier on that big Tundra flat I saw 7 bulls together, three were the largest bulls I have ever seen. Two weeks later they were in same place all 7, pretty neat place to see big elk. I would guess that many of these bulls don't migrate out of the park and probably just die of old age, until the wolves get there if they already haven't.

Those are some good looking bulls, even for RMNP. Granted there are some monsters in there but not all bulls can grow up to be monsters. Same as all humans don't end up looking like Shaq...
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

I have a late season bull tag up there through the 23rd. I hunted mostly northeast of park on Sat and Sun. Going to try to hit it again tomorrow. PM me if you know some hot spots!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom