ebay packaging

sage_mule

I've been stewing over a way to neatly package sheds if I decide to try to sell them on ebay. Anyone have any ideas?

empty shotgun shells taped on the tips. bubble wrap everything. kind of heavy, but very well protected.

I cut off short pieces of old garden hose to jam onto the antler tips. Use a well fitting box, and make sure the antler doesn't move around by taping the antler to the inside of the box with packing tape and wadded up newspaper. Most people just throw the antler into a box full of packing peanuts, but they're messy, and they always show up with points poking through the box.

I want the biggest one.

Shotgun shells, and use DHL. Those bastages at the USPS will rape you. And they are so inconsistent from place to place, you will only lose money.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-08 AT 01:24PM (MST)[p]Yes, empty shotshells, cheap ones, not AA's!! ;-)

Speaking of antlers and Ebay...
I bought 5 sets of what appeared to be sheds from Ebay, all 140 class 4x4's, very brown.
Upon delivery i noticed all 10 antlers were NOT "sheds", they had all sawed off at the burrs.
Not even a hint of aged sheds that had seen a little sun.

It makes me sick to think i just possibly promoted poaching.
These antlers came from Vernal Ut; probably Book Cliffs deer.

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

I've had the same thing happen, but I contacted the seller and returned them for a refund because he hadn't mentioned in the listing that they were cut-offs.

Some damn good suggestions. Anything but a box full of peanuts and antler tips sticking out of the box! lol I have a box full of low brass empties I need to get rid of. And if I had some old garden hose I'd use that too. DHL it is.

Thanks,
Loyal

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom