Elida VFD - Sorry SOB's

DoeNob

I will post a more fuller write up when I get a minute here. But can tell you one week ago, 2 hunters came into the same field we were stalking a deer in from another direction and shot him out from under us while we were 350 yards away from the deer (NE unit 33).

They drove in past our truck and saw us in the field, 100% knew we were there and were there first and still came in and did that.

It's not illegal but I hope they all get ass cancer for karmic retribution. As we passed their truck (They wisely left a third person with the truck) he drove way around us, they knew what they did. We saw an ELIDA VFD sticker on the white truck I forget the make and model cuz I was seeing pretty red at the time.

I'm sure there might be some great people there, but I can tell you the two people in that field are grade A assholes.

When having a deer shot out from under you results in wishing cancer on someone, you got more issues than them. That is a sorry SOB.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

Yeah people are assholes for sure. Had a similar experience 2 years ago in 16c where game and fish had to get involved due to a guy trying to claim my wife's bull as his own when her arrow was stuck in his side. A lot of this has to do with the 8% increase yearly in new hunters applying for the draw. It seems to be a fad rather than a way of life for a lot of these idiots. I'm not here argue about why the increase is good or bad, however I have been hunting for over 20 years here in NM and absolutely hate the lack of respect these people show for other sportsman, the national forest they hunt in, and the art of hunting.

>When having a deer shot out
>from under you results in
>wishing cancer on someone, you
>got more issues than them.
>That is a sorry SOB.

Apologies if you are overly sensitive to my phrasing from what your father went through. You cool if someone walks in and sets up 50 yards in front of you while trying to duck hunt?

Turn of phrase - how about I say I hope they get their hunting privileges revoked until they learn common etiquette - that sit better with you?

Ethics of hunting are taught, therefore many new to the sport of hunting have none due to not having anyone teach them. In my 30 years of hunting I have had my fair share of similar situations. As veteran hunters I believe we have a responsibility to teach these ethics to younger hunters. Remember we live in a state that requires no Hunter safety if your older than 18 years of age. With that being said I know how upset you were but it was a teachable moment of sportsmanship that those hunters did not understand. Just my 2 cents.

There is a fine line between common sense, respect, and untaught ethics. Would be hard to teach ethics to someone who just blew threw your spot and killed an animal you have been working all year to harvest.

ive seen worse ethics from out of staters so it's not just residents. that's just part of hunting and it always will be.

Its annoying that people do that kind of stuff. had a similar situation about six years ago. we were hunting in unit 33 with primitive muzzy, and i spotted a nice buck while out with my dad and daughter. snuck in on him and he lunged just as i shot. hit him a little far back, just as the sun was setting. nice 4x4. decided, since we had my 8 year old daughter, we saw where he bedded, and the hit was far back, thatb we would leave him over night as temps were pretty chilly. well, we get back to our truck, and theres another truck there, talking about how nice the deer I hit was, and that they saw exactly where he went down. I knew right then we made a mistake backing out. sure enough, pull up to the spot in the am, and that same truck is already there, and can see their about halfway to where the buck was. This was about 5 am, so we knew we wouldnt make it in time. hiked in anyways, and there they are celebrating over the deer I shot, saying they just shot it, even though it was stiff and no shots(other than a couple pistol) had been fired. I was p*ssed but my dad talked me out of trying to get my deer, noting that they had sidearms and we only had sidelock muzzys. tough situation, but like many have stated, ethics are taught. Some people just dont have them.

*We are all in the same boat, just
wishing to be hunting right now!*

All part of the deal. Unfortunate and frustrating? For sure. Got to adapt and move on though. One of the most rewarding parts about successfully hunting public lands is overcoming challenges like this and embracing it for what it is.

Maybe I am a little sensitive to the cancer comment, hope you don't have to see your dad go through it like I did mine.

I hear stories like this all the time. It is so rare that I run across other hunters in the field that I cannot relate.

I pick the spots I go based heavily on the likelihood that there will be nobody within miles.

I think I would rather see nothing than other hunters around me. If I see other hunters I normally go the opposite way.

I think it is better to avoid those situations than having to deal with them. Just my thoughts on it.

Sorry that happened to you though.

>All part of the deal. Unfortunate
>and frustrating? For sure. Got
>to adapt and move on
>though. One of the most
>rewarding parts about successfully hunting
>public lands is overcoming challenges
>like this and embracing it
>for what it is.
>
>Maybe I am a little sensitive
>to the cancer comment, hope
>you don't have to see
>your dad go through it
>like I did mine.
>
>Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean.
>Apologize to No One.

I think weather, hunting pressure, vehicle problems weapons problems more fall in this category more so than what he's talking about. People have no respect and ithe ho humm attitude of eh its part of it to me is straight bs. This state and country have become more accepting of people being losers it just makes me sick.

Excuse me if I don't agree with you. I guess what you and I find rewarding are different eh?

1.If you mortally wound a deer in the evening and don't want to jump it and return in the morning to claim it and someone is on it do you consider that a thief?

2 If your brother owns a taxidermy shop and trains an apprentice for a couple years and they leave and take your brothers clients and charge less is that a thief?

3 if you stay overnight on a hunt and rent a hotel and someone breaks in and steals your rifle from your vehicle is that a thief?

My point is a lot of people only think 3 is a thief.I consider all these thieves.If a thief wakes up in the morning with azz problems or azz cancer that is called karma.Thou shall not steal!

In your case that is bad ethics and I hope it was a mistake and they didn't see you.Now if you would have killed the deer and they claimed it,that would have me seeing red too.

Why would anyone want to claim someones animal.That happened to one of my buddies sons this year, hes a youth,and shot a bull.Was tracking it to find someone else gutting it no shots fired.Why would you want an animal you didn't shoot?I don't get it.

1. depends, did they actually "kill" it? a game warden is going to side with who actually "kills" the deer in most cases. that's a tough one.
2. no, that's just business. a little dirty but business. that's where no competition clauses come into effect.
3. yes that's theft

>All part of the deal. Unfortunate
>and frustrating? For sure. Got
>to adapt and move on
>though. One of the most
>rewarding parts about successfully hunting
>public lands is overcoming challenges
>like this and embracing it
>for what it is.
>
>Maybe I am a little sensitive
>to the cancer comment, hope
>you don't have to see
>your dad go through it
>like I did mine.
>
>Apologize to No One.

Ive almost had to kick a couple of asses in the field form time to time but its not worth it, people have no respect or care for any one , no one exists but them! problem is it makes bad situation worse cause you both are more than likely packing heat and it wont end good. but my point is proven BY doenob that no one cares about anyone , im not a person who ever gets offended but his comments and lack of empathy toward you Terry are whats wrong with the world . While DOE is a great contributor in this board he imo took it to far by taking a dig and saying your sensitive. i too have relatives that have passed from cancer and its one of the worst things a person can have to deal with .
People please Take a moment and think about someone other than yourself for one second and it might make a difference whether in the city or in the woods on a hunt

He can say what he wants and I'll be fine, my point was that wishing cancer on someone is much worse than shooting a deer out from under someone.

My Pops is a tough dude, this was about 5 hours before his last scan clearing him of lymphoma. Chemo was the worst, what it does to your body is just unreal. Try pulling bone splinters out of your gums because the chemo is sluffing off pieces of your jaw. Puking your guts out all day long. No appetite. No energy. All while running your own business, serving your church, and being a husband to your wife. Puts things in perspective. It's just a deer Doe.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2018/26810d8a66fde4c8e4c069daf57ae88d3acb7.jpeg

>He can say what he wants
>and I'll be fine, my
>point was that wishing cancer
>on someone is much worse
>than shooting a deer out
>from under someone.
>
>My Pops is a tough dude,
>this was about 5 hours
>before his last scan clearing
>him of lymphoma. Chemo was
>the worst, what it does
>to your body is just
>unreal. Try pulling bone splinters
>out of your gums because
>the chemo is sluffing off
>pieces of your jaw. Puking
>your guts out all day
>long. No appetite. No energy.
>All while running your own
>business, serving your church, and
>being a husband to your
>wife. Puts things in perspective.
>It's just a deer Doe.
>
>
>http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2018/26810d8a66fde4c8e4c069daf57ae88d3acb7.jpeg
>
>Apologize to No One.

I dont know you from the next guy but i hope he has recovered and lives a full life. My father too , is my best friend and hunting buddy but all the memories made hunting will last me forever . My aunt had non hodgens lymphoma and has recovered just fine from it and my other aunt passed form liver cancer worst thing ever to see what it does to you .
I will say this the lord works in crazy ways and i know i serve a faithful and just God so i will pray for you and your family and im sure you have done much of the same . So many times we forget to Look UP in times of need .

Here are two of my best friends with the beauty of a buck my wife shoot a couple weeks ago . Only person missing is our daughter
74197dadandmegdeer.jpg

>Here are two of my
> best friends with the
>beauty of a buck my
>wife shoot a couple weeks
>ago . Only person
>missing is our daughter
>
74197dadandmegdeer.jpg

And by best friends i mean my wife and DAD

You're a good dude. Great looking buck and even better looking familia.

God bless you guys and I hope have a happy Christmas season.

I apologize for using the phrase "ass cancer".

I am not out to offend anyone on here.

I also regret it in that it has detracted from my point. Ethics in the field are non existent and it seems the prevailing attitude is "That's how it is - sucks but deal with it". I don't think that attitude helps us at all as a hunting community.

I guess all we can do is make sure our kids and those we introduce to the sport and those we head afield with are taught to do things the right way. There's always going to be some kind of poaching with the law enforcement spread so thin, there is always someone willing to bend or break the rules. That is why it is all the more important we police ourselves.

Anyway, very nice deer, hope everyone has good luck in the late season hunts!

Doe,
Its all good man, and I hear you. I have two young boys whom I fully intend to raise as hunters, they will be ethical. I know that is the best use of my time in fighting the ethics problem. I don't think I can convince strangers to see things the way I do but I can dang sure make sure my boys know right from wrong. If we all do our part in passing on more than just the tradition, and we pass on our morals and beliefs, we will be in a better place with the next generation. I just hope it happens.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom