Elk and Deer in unit 54

timoutdoors

I'm a new member on this forum, although i have been following it for around 3 years. I would consider myself a beginner hunter who has high expectations. Well after 7 years i finally drew a decent tag. I drew the 54 bull tag ans ironicly my dad drew the late 54 deer tag. We live in the Boise area and are looking forward to a great hunt. My questions are when would the best time to go? Also if anyone could point me in the general area it would be much appreciated. I do realize both these hunts are tough to draw, we just got lucky this year. My goal is a branch antlered bull and my dads is 4 POINT. Are these doable?

i'd help ya out if i knew the unit. be ready for some lashings for this being the topic of your first post. it tends to ruffle some of these ladies panties:)

you should up your standards Bull 6 point and up. late deer should be more than just a 4 point that's to easy.is that archery bull or rifle?I to live in Boise but I archery hunt deer down there and see a lot of nice bucks and bulls.I had the rifle tag for elk before I started archery hunting.alot of the elk get pushed down to Nevada when the rifle deer starts 10 days before the elk hunts it kind of blows.If you have the archery tag I'm jealous.Do a little looking you'll see game ever where

Thanks for the info. I have the rifle tag. Any other info is very much appreciated. Please pm anything you think may help. Thanks so much.

I also can hunt unit 55 and 57 with this tag. Anyone seeing any bulls in these units? Went scouting this weekend with very little success. Thanks!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom