Elk Archery Hunt Unit 12/23/24

slickhunter

Heading out for the cross country drive to Colo for an elk hunt, drew a non-resident tag for unit 12/23/24.

Going to rely on google earth + OnX online scouting, will be interesting to see how this will work out, live too far away to get boots on the ground before the hunt.

Anyone been hiking around this unit? Any info willing to share. Or even on neat local places to eat, archery shops just in case, etc.

We always find elk in the Rough Creek area north of Ripple Creek Pass and east of Pagoda Peak during 1st rifle season so I would think it would hold elk early archery. Just an idea. Lots of elk in those units so I would imagine anywhere is good. I'm close to having enough points for the muzzleloader hunt in those units. Good luck to you. Show us some pictures when you get back.

Find north facing timber away from the roads and there will be elk there. Not everyday as they move around, but they will be in there. Tons of elk in that unit and I have been archery hunting it for 20+ years and our success rate is really high as long as your willing to do some work. Tons of fun.

I have drawn a non-resident elk muzzleloader tag for this season, Sept 11-19. I'm somewhat familiar with Wilson Park, Milk Creek, Three Points and Sleepy Cat. Any suggestions for this early hunt in Unit 12, 23, 24 would be appreciated. I plan to get a bear tag as well. Primary focus is killing a decent bull for this Area. I'm willing to go deeper to set a spike camp. Thanks

Just don’t
I have drawn a non-resident elk muzzleloader tag for this season, Sept 11-19. I'm somewhat familiar with Wilson Park, Milk Creek, Three Points and Sleepy Cat. Any suggestions for this early hunt in Unit 12, 23, 24 would be appreciated. I plan to get a bear tag as well. Primary focus is killing a decent bull for this Area. I'm willing to go deeper to set a spike camp. Thanks
Just don’t forget that when you “go deeper” to hunt you’ve gotta be able to get your bull out without it spoiling. Killed my first bull with a muzzy in there but that was 26 years ago. Between my dad and his buddies and us kids we probably took 20-30 bulls out of there and never saw a 3yr old bull. Maybe it’s gotten better over the years but if it’s got an eye guard or 4 points you probably better let it have it if it’s anything like it used to be.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom