Elk Backdoor is open

I drew something too. Mine says 054 RES EITHER SEX ARCHERY. I had them send me an OTC archery tag if unsuccessful. Do you guys think I drew my tag or just got my unsuccessful option?

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Thought I would draw for sure this year but no go. Man I'm stiking out big time this year.

I called the Denver office they said we were going elk hunting this fall...

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.

Mike,
How about your Dad did he draw? How about the wife did she draw too?

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON May-18-11 AT 03:55PM (MST)[p]>I drew something too. Mine says
>054 RES EITHER SEX ARCHERY.
>I had them send me
>an OTC archery tag if
>unsuccessful. Do you guys think
>I drew my tag or
>just got my unsuccessful option?
>
>
>
4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Everyone I know that drew a limited/draw tag says 581 nonres elk tag or 588 nonresident antlerless elk, so I am thinking they are sending you an OTC tag? Not sure though and Hope I am wrong.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Looks like I will be trying out my new CVA Muzzy on a Elk this fall.
Happy Days Ahead !

LAST EDITED ON May-18-11 AT 03:57PM (MST)[p]I drew a muzzy bull tag! Of the 4 of us in the group, we got 3 bull tags and 1 cow tag. Pretty good haul!

Bull tags seem to be code 581 and cow tags are 588 and say antlerless.

Deer generally lags about a week behind the elk.

txhunter58

Just go to the DOW website and act like you are going to apply for a license. Get through the preliminary "who are you?" info and then click on "habitat and all other licenses". When the next screen comes up, you have to page down to see "what licenses you have on file"

There will be a 400 application line. If you drew a bull tag, you should have a 581 elk listed. If you drew a cow tag, it should read 588 antlerless tag. At least these are the codes for nonresidents. Residents codes may be slightly different.

txhunter58

>Everyone I know that drew a
>limited/draw tag says 581 nonres
>elk tag or 588 nonresident
>antlerless elk, so I am
>thinking they are sending you
>an OTC tag? Not
>sure though and Hope I
>am wrong.
>
>
>txhunter58
>
>venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore
>I am

Yup I'm pretty sure I got jacked. I thought I would draw for sure, I had an 88% chance of drawing last year with the points I have. Oh well just hope I'm not as unlucky on my deer tag. Thanks for the input!
4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

My buddy and I both drew our muzzy bull tags. Pretty much a no brainer since we dumped a pile of points in a 4 point unit.

Im confused so 580 is for resident cow tag? My didnt put any for any second choice or third choice tags. Just first choice bull tag and his says 580 res elk. So im trying to figure out if 580 means you drew your first choice or you just drew period. My uncle is due for a unit 10 rifle tag and his said 580 res elk also...
Coloradoboy

Just like last year drew a late season private land cow tag. I will get a otc archery tag. With some luck maybe I can kill two elk like I did last year :)

Mine says 022 res elk, Im guessing I didnt draw anything great and just got a second season otc bull tag. Just have never seen the 022 come up with getting a tag before.

>Im confused so 580 is for
>resident cow tag? My didnt
>put any for any second
>choice or third choice tags.
>Just first choice bull tag
>and his says 580 res
>elk. So im trying to
>figure out if 580 means
>you drew your first choice
>or you just drew period.
>My uncle is due for
>a unit 10 rifle tag
>and his said 580 res
>elk also...
>Coloradoboy

If you only put in for a first choice and you have a 580 code, you drew your first choice! If you put in for a second or third choice, the 580 means you drew a tag, but doesn't specify 1st, 2nd or thrid choice.

In noresident muzzleloading tags, the bull tag comes up 581 nonresident elk and the cow tag comes up 588 antlerless elk.

txhunter58

Below is a list of licenses you have on file: 2011-011 res combo annual, 2011-018 extra rod stamp , 2011-059 habitat stamp with a LICENSE........this must be either sex 1st season.........no were do I read the word "elk"

>If it does not say ELK
>APP anywhere then you didn't
>submit an application or it
>was rejected.

Called d.o.w spoke with paul...500 either sex ....for that unit and over 500 dudes applyed ....my app was there and d.o.w.gave me a point...insult to injury

It will be interesting when front door comes up.
I have the standard 2011 480 Res ELK APP
And the 2011 580 Res ELK
My tag is either a ?Hybrid? Res Bull tag (Doubtful)
Or a second choice limited either sex archery tag.
With the 022 580 581 588 #?s going around I have no clue.
I hope we can remember these codes next year!
The 054 either sex archery makes no sence as GMU 54 is limited for archery?
Come on front door...

Drew my unit 67 muzzy elk tag!!!! My dad had 20 points, turns out its still not enuff to draw unit 2 rifle bull elk tag?

Does any one know when the back door method will be up for deer?

>Drew my unit 67 muzzy elk
>tag!!!! My dad had 20
>points, turns out its still
>not enuff to draw unit
>2 rifle bull elk tag?
>
>
> Does any
>one know when the back
>door method will be up
>for deer?

Dang, must be unlucky.. I figured 20 points as a Nonres would do it. Looks like dads going 49 archery this year and my uncles going unit 10 Early rifle while im rebuilding points. OTC E/S archery, left over cow tag if have the time and lots of guiding for this guy come fall.

Funny. My sister in law drew a unit 10 hybrid tag last year and now her husband drew the same hybrid tag this year. For me, the wife and kids we drew 1st season ES Flat Tops tags. Good luck to everyone.

LAST EDITED ON May-21-11 AT 08:18PM (MST)[p]Mine is still 481 so it looks like 16 PP were not good enough for Area 61 NR, 1st rifle bull.

Before you die.....Take time to live

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom