Elk Hide

bowhuntrJLG

My wife filled yet another cow tag this week. Very proud of this lady. She hiked for many miles in cold, wind and snow, and on our third day out was able to seal the deal on this beautiful animal. We are very grateful for the additional meat this animal will provide our family with.

The hide is beautifully colored. Didn't want to waste it. Would anyone like it? We are in the Grants area.

Thanks.

7854img1398.jpg

Congrates to her! Nice fat one too!
Jeez I was just up there yesterday.
I save most of my hides and plan on tanning more hair on this spring.
Elk hides are great over the couch. I use it for furniture I make too.
Can you freeze it? I'll be able to get up there again after the 1st. PM sent,Hank

Nice, congrats on a successful hunt. Those cows hides make some of the best rugs but yet many of them get left in the field.

Sorry for the late reply.
Try F&T Fur Harvesters Trading Supply. They have the quality kits & formulas.best prices.
Flemmings has fleshers and other tools.
Cabellas & Midway have them too,just pricier.

I have an huge cow hide and a deer hide in the freezer waiting. Another cow on the way.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom