Elk hunting in Unit 29

Cahunter805

Long Time Member
Hey guys! Was wondering about the elk herd in 29? A buddy of mine wants to put in for the controlled hunt. I know the success is pretty fair. Just wondering what the bulls are like?? Thanks in advance!

Use to hunt alot in 29, do a little now for deer. From my friends and from what I see, 29 is still a quality unit for elk. The bull size still has some 330 plus bulls, but you have to be willing to pass up others and run the risk of not filling your tag. The wolves are there and have had some impact, but not severe yet, give it another 5 years.

Hunted it in 04. Couldda taken a bull everyday except one. Was holden out but my partner wanted to get back to Kali to hunt the duck opener. I shot a small 5 point the 5th day and we made it back in time for him. Oh yea, we've never applied for big game together since.

I heard its a good unit....but you really gotta but your time in scouting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom