Elk in unit 67 ?

hunter

I was just wondering how the elk hunt in unit 67 is on the third season.
I have never hunted elk and would be very happy with a decent 5 or 6 point. It looks like there is plenty of public land but I would like to here if it is a quality hunt for that type of bull, and hopefully not a million people running around. If any one is willing to share I would appreciate the help.

Once pressured a lot of the elk in that unit move down to some blm that that is surrounded by private property and a huge canyon.

Thanks for the input. It does not look like the elk hunt is going to happen this year. I would like to see how the deer hunt went??

>we hunted third season deer about
>5 years ago. we hunted
>down low. Only saw elk
>once. No weather that year.
>
>Lots of bucks though, 25-50+ a
>day...

Thats before the bad winter. You would not see close to that many bucks a day now.

do good to see 5-15 bucks/day now. Saw elk last year at the tail end of 2nd and during 3rd. Younger bulls were still doing a little buggling to give away locations. Only glassed them from about a mile off b/c we weren't interested in them..this year's a different story.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom