Elk outfitter recommendations

dack77

I am hoping that you guys can help me out. I'm looking for an outfitter for an elk hunt in New Mexico in 2013. I know all of the elk tags are on a draw system so as a non-resident my plan is to put in for a decent unit and go fully outfitted or semi guided and if I don't draw then I will go with a landowner tag and hunt private property. I would obviously prefer the cheaper route first but with the odds of some of the better units, I am assuming the landowner tag is most likely the way it's going to end up.

I don't need a 400" bull. I'd be glad with anything 310" or bigger. I've already talked to JFW consulting since I have been able to find decent info on them. When it comes to guide reviews online they can be quite elusive to find any good usable info to make any decision so I'm not sure where to start next. I don't like using any of the hunting tv shows as a basis for a review either.

If you guys could point me to some others that you've either had good dealings with or have heard good things about that'd be great and of course any to steer clear of as well. PM's would be fine for any suggestions or comments. That will at least get me started.

I would go with the outfitter that you already talked with (JFW Ranch Consulting). My friends and i have been on several hunts with them (Chad) and have found them to be extremely honest and hard working. In fact, i have two more hunts scheduled with Chad in Jan.

AAO- Antler Addiction Outfitters are a die hard group that put some tremendous animals down. Check them out.

Aim small... miss small!

+1 for Beaverhead outfitters. I grew up with John Diamond and you are going to have a hard time finding a better guy that will work as hard as he possibly can for you. Haven't hunted with him just know him as a personal friend. I do know several that have and they are always happy.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom