Boulder mountain elk outfitter?

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
Looking for info for a reputable elk outfitter for the late elk hunt. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If you’re going late I’d look at Alpha outfitters. They have a guide that lives 10 minutes from the mountain and has killed more big bulls and helped more people kill big bulls than anyone I could think of. I’d say DC, North Rim and Bronson outfitting are awesome as well.

I’d give Alpha a hard look. Ryan Carter is a good dude but I’m not sure nobody knows that mountain better than Garrett and the Woolsey brothers and I personably prefer their approach for my style of hunting. Can’t go wrong with either and don’t want to sound like I’m discrediting Ryan, he’s a pretty stand up guy. Ryan implements a lot of tree stand, almost whitetail style hunting in the mid to low elevations, especially on the earlier seasons. Alpha is more run and gun style and you’ll be covering more of the mountain generally. Both have been successful but arguably different approaches.

Talk to both, see which style you align with and what one of their guides you’d be hunting with. For example, I think Wes Hogan has taken hunters for both and I’d jump on an opportunity to hunt with Wes on that unit. Same with Garrett.

Other options on that mountain include Bronson or Jesse Hatch. I’m not sure what Jesse has been up to the past couple years or if he’s even still guiding but his track record up there over the past 15 years or so is pretty good.

I’d give Alpha a hard look. Ryan Carter is a good dude but I’m not sure nobody knows that mountain better than Garrett and the Woolsey brothers and I personably prefer their approach for my style of hunting. Can’t go wrong with either and don’t want to sound like I’m discrediting Ryan, he’s a pretty stand up guy. Ryan implements a lot of tree stand, almost whitetail style hunting in the mid to low elevations, especially on the earlier seasons. Alpha is more run and gun style and you’ll be covering more of the mountain generally. Both have been successful but arguably different approaches.

Talk to both, see which style you align with and what one of their guides you’d be hunting with. For example, I think Wes Hogan has taken hunters for both and I’d jump on an opportunity to hunt with Wes on that unit. Same with Garrett.

Other options on that mountain include Bronson or Jesse Hatch. I’m not sure what Jesse has been up to the past couple years or if he’s even still guiding but his track record up there over the past 15 years or so is pretty good.
Great advice - agree 100%

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom