Elk Points

where do you live? i would go wasatch. i think there is more varied terrain in this unit than others. here is the bull i shot on the wasatch in 2008, early rifle.
http.//www.monstermuleys.com/photos/PhotosID22/313.html
if you do go wasatch and draw it i would be happy to offer any help i could about where i was. i saw lots of good bulls and one that would go 370. but i was after this one. good luck whatever you do.

Late season Dutton, Wasatch, Manti, Late season Pavant are all good choices. Check your odds and what you prefer. Just about any archery tag is game as well. Good luck.

It's always an adventure!!!

If I had 13 points, I would be hunting Elk in 2011 that is for sure!
Look at the odds and pick an area you know.

I have looked over the my choices, Not to interested in doing a late hunt. I was leaning toward muzzy wasatch. Anyone have experience during this season??

Great hunt. In the past, the Wasatch muzzy hunt has been one of the better hunts. Last year was still good but a little slower than in years past. The elk are still in the rut during the muzzy hunt but you may see a few more broken bulls. If I had 13 points I would do exactly what you are thinking. I would have a muzzy tag in hand come that last week of September. Good luck.

It's always an adventure!!!

13 points and using a ML opens some great possibilities..

1) Book Cliffs, both units.
2) Boulder mountain.
3) Southwest Desert.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

13 points would get you quite a few rifle tags, wasatch, manti, dutton i think and boulder as well......were i you i'd be huntin one of those.....if your dead set on a muzz tag, with 13 points i'd be considering monroe, pahvant, S cache, wasatch, manti in that order.

littlebeaver.jpg

a32_cleaners.jpg

Barry, Not sure what your looking at?

Any Weapon hunts,Bonus permits this year.
Boulder will take 16.
Manti and Dutton looks like 90% of the bonus permits will
go to guys with 14 points.

Muzzle loader bonus permits on the Phavant and Monroe
both look like taking at least 14 points.

But you never know, 13 might get you a regular draw tag.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

My buddy shot a whopper on the Wasatch muzzy hunt a couple years ago. Probably the best Wasatch hunt available. Low pressure makes it a really great experience.
Just my 2 cents.
Zeke
PS, you could draw a muzzy for sure...a rifle tag would be about 50/50 chance to draw.

Have fun!

Right you are, goofy i didn't bother to check the draw odds....13 points will still get you a good chance at quite of few units. If The fella has 13 points goin in for 14 then I think he will be alright......

littlebeaver.jpg

a32_cleaners.jpg

>Lien,,,,9 should guarantee a tag.
>There mat be a couple permits
>fall into the 8 point
>pool,
>
>
4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Thanks goofy.

Lien2

I'd probably be doing the Wasatch muzzy this fall. The odds show San Juan archery takes 14 points, but I would be considering that too. For me though, putting in for an archery hunt with that many points depends a lot on how confident I am with my shot/equipment.

What other hunts are going on during the muzzy bull in the Wasatch, other than muzzy deer? Aren't the bulls more vocal and rutting harder, than the earlier rifle season in the Wasatch?

The wasatch muzzy was a little slow last year, due to the hot weather. But in years past, the bulls seem to be in the rut just as much as the rifle hunt, some years it seems better. I would go with the wasatch muzzy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom