Elk Rut Activity

Muleyfanatic

Anybody been getting into fired up bulls yet? Just got home and have been up since opening day. Was into a few all week and got 2 weak bugles this morning in Central Idaho. Couldn't get him to respond to any of my calling however. Hows everyone else doing?

I was in the smoky zone for a quick morning hunt today. No bugles. But I also didn't get into any fresh sign either in this new spot.

Just saw 3-4 small groups of does.

I'm currently on the mtn but have cell signal looking at 5 cows at 430 yards but no bull. Not talking yet far western Idaho

I'm told they are starting up in unit 54 now so I am going up there and hunt with my bow on the 13th and if I don't fill my tag either stay there for the muzzy or run over the unit 40 for the early rifle! I was going to wait until the 19th but I can't handle it anymore I need too hunt!?

LAST EDITED ON Sep-05-16 AT 10:25PM (MST)[p]i saw a 340ish bull w/ 3-4 cows, heard him bugle 3 times sat night.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom