Elk Sheds

Torch

I glassed up the small 6 point in the picture from 800-1000 yards away. I wasn't going to go pick it up at first, but then I threw up the spotting scope and saw the big white 6 point antler laying in the oakbrush 100 yards above it. I could tell it was also a right side and a lot bigger, so I decided I better hike over and pick them up.

After hiking into the area it still took me 20 minutes or so to find both sides in the oakbrush, even though I knew where they were laying. It makes you wonder how many you walk by? While looking for the matches to the antlers I had picked up, I glassed into the top of the canyon I had just come in from...bingo! I spotted a brown across the canyon and after hiking a little further I could see the other side was laying 20 yards away. I also found a 5 point set and single, but I left them on the mountain. I just wish I would of had my frame pack, because I was 3 miles from my truck..LOL.

4814a94a45dd4eac.jpg

4814a8523fdcd235.jpg

Great Job Torch!!! That makes all those miles worth it. I bet that was one heck of a pack out.

CS

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - VIP Optics

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom