Elk south of I70 and east of the Colorado River?

sled_guy

Just got back from a couple of days running the Colorado down through Westwater Canyon. We camped in the Canyon where the Little Delores "river" comes in to the Colorado. One of the guys in our group spent some time hiking off to the east and found a fairly nice 6point elk shed. It was pretty bleeched out so it was maybe a couple of years old, but it surprised me.

I know the area holds muleys, but I didn't know there were elk there. Maybe just winter area?

Anyone know anything about elk in that area?

sled_guy

Surprise to hear that one was found that far down but I do know the elk will come down out of Colorado and winter into Utah.

Dolores Triangle Unit. It is mostly a wintering area. Hence the hunt being a late season hunt (deer and elk). Not huge numbers of elk, but cool to see them in that country.

I figured it was a wintering area.

Other thing out there is cougar. We ran across cougar tracks as big as my hand.

sled_guy

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom