Elk Success

Country

Me and my hunting partner killed 2 nice bulls first season and thought I would share. Would also like to thank those folks that PM'd me and gave us some pointers on different areas to look at. Also want to acknowledge "Farmer" on this forum who I also had the privilege of meeting in person while I was in Colorado. He is a special guy and was so very helpful, a first class act and was a pleasure to meet him.

331ronsbull.jpg

6666timsbull.jpg

Congrats country! 2 good lookin colorado bulls! That 1st pic sure shows the beetle kill and our upcoming bbq!

These two young hunters earned their success. They hauled horses 27 hours to get to unit. They arrived several days early, scouted far and wide and traveled light. They succeeded despite record heat and very dry conditions.
The elk were still very high for first rifle and that's where they went to get them.
Being a very old elk hunter from days gone by, it was a privilege to meet some young guys who still hunt the old way, high, deep, away from ATV trails and people and with stock.
I would be happy to share an elk camp with them anytime.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom