elk unit 10 muzzleloader 61 muzzleloader or 61 rifle?

C

cdunn

I have 13 resident elk pnts burning a hole in my pocket. I was hoping for unit 10 rifle but doesnt seem like ill ever catch up. My current thoughts are unit 10 or 61 muzzleloader or unit 61 1st rifle. It looks like they gave out 4 unit 10 muzzleloader and around 34 unit 61 muzzleloader tags last yr. The limitations of my blackpowder rifle worry me a little. Im much more comfortable with a reg rifle but ok out to 150 yrds with blackpowder. Also I have not been to either unit during the blackpowder season. Any thoughts, advice or opinions would be great.

Thanks for any words of wisdom!
chris

Im not looking for anything crazy, 350+ would be awsome, but I would like to have a great experience and hopefully have a chance at a nice size 6x6. Myself and my hunting partner are in great shape so hiking far and packing something out will be worth the rewards. I guess after waiting 13yrs for points now im afraid to use them.

chris

hey dunn, I sent you a pm. here's a pic of the bull I killed in 10 the last time I had a tag (muzzleloader). He's the one on the top.he's in the 340's.

elk.jpg

Hey I thought you looked familiar you old Ghost in the Woods:) Huntmaster.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom