Elk unit 16

Anaconda

Very Active Member
Some how I missed a year and ended up with one less than maximum points.
Researching units I might draw this year.
Any thoughts on unit 16 ?

Hunted it this year with my uncle. Unit 16 will meet your goals. Saw decent numbers of bulls that size everyday. Some on private some on public.

IMG_5720.jpeg

With that many points, if you're going to hunt hard and have plenty of time I'd raise your standards a bit. What jm77 said is accurate. If you just want to have a fun hunt and don't really want to hunt hard then your goal of 280-300 is perfect

Man some days I really regret having used max points on a short maybe 5 day archery hunt in 7 in 2010. I didn’t know jack about what those points were worth and I happily shot a cow on the last day. Great unit then still but tough for an ill-informed DIY guy. I’m still chasing a big bull opportunity all these years later and its not getting any easier to draw. Good luck, do those points justice!

For the last few years, I have been gambling on 50-70% odds, in several states, and I'm always 1 point behind.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom