Elk unit 25

sniper14

I was looking at unit 118 as an elk hunt for my dad, as the terrain was very doable for him. Looks like to much private and not enough cash to make this hunt work.

We are now looking at unit 25. How is the access to public land, and is this a doable hunt for an out of shape old man? Any bull elk will do for him

You may want to look at area 1. It is 90% public, lots of elk and short mountains with plenty of roads for easy access. Not a top end area but super fun hunt with lots of elk if you have the points

That's a great tip for you since all you want is any bull. Still have a chance at a good 6 point.

Send me a PM with your phone number. I will tell you everything I know about 25/27. Most of it will not be positive...

25/27 is way over rated based on the amount of points it takes. A lot of general areas are as good as that unit in my opinion.

I personally hunted 25/27 in 2013 and helped my Dad and Brother in that unit as well. It was a fun hunt during the bowhunt but agree that it is not worth the points it takes now to draw. It is on par with a general tag, but you have a lot more options for areas to hunt with a general tag.

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the comments. Hard to get a feel for an area when you are from a different state.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom