Elk Units 63/64

SureShot

Very Active Member
Well, I guess I got lucky and drew one of the random tags for elk in units 63/64 as a second choice option with 0 points. I know, pretty lucky, huh? I don't know anything about the unit, but heard it might be a good one and I was wondering if anybody on here could tell me where to go?

Just kidding!

I actually was lucky enough to draw the tag with max points this year and am very excited. I have a friend who hunted it a few years ago and, anticipating that I might draw one of these years, I made a trip there last fall during the rut to get a general lay of the land and scout things out. I was very impressed with what I saw.

I plan on making several more trips this year now that it's real. If any of you have experience in the area, I would love to get some additional intel. I'm a non-resident DIY hunter, so the wilderness area is not an option for me. But, I do have horses and plan on getting back in a ways.

If you prefer to PM me, that would be fine.

Thanks!

good luck on your hunt. I was thinking about burning my points for 63/64 but was afraid that all the elk would be in the wilderness. Sounds like you will do fine because your going to scout out the unit and i think that's the key. I would be bowhunting

Wish I could help with some good info. Unfortunately I don't have good current intel. I have heard that the bears can be an issue so think about going prepared for that. I would love to know how you end up doing, Good Luck.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom