Elk with a spear

wonderful......

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I don't see anything wrong with it, really it is not a lot different that killing a cow with a captive bolt pistol in a slaughterhouse. In this case, they just had to wait for the elk to wander up to the feeder directly under the tree stand then make a good throw with the spear - maybe just a little more sporting. Oh and the elk had decent antlers. Meat is meat, does it really matter how it is killed if the express purpose as he says is to obtain red meat??

I don't think it casts any more of a negative light on hunting than has already been cast.

Freaking Cool if you really want to know.

?Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by the sense of touch, because everyone can see, but only a few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are, and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion.? Niccolo Machiavelli

"I prefer to throw semi-cold steel spears!!"

You're not a real spear man unless your throwing a wood shaft tipped with a knapped stone point ..... Terry

"Meat is meat, does it really matter how it is killed if the express purpose as he says is to obtain red meat??"

Did you look at the hip bones sticking out on that Elk? If it's pen raised for the meat at least feed it....... Terry

HJ I guess there's nothing "wrong" with wringing a chicken's neck for supper either.

But don't put your camo face paint on and call it hunting.That's the dumb part....

I thought it was kind of lame at first. Then I saw the face paint. WAY COOL! The guy is a stud!

Eel

I suppose after the UDWR see's this we will have a 'spear Elk' hunt added in to the mix just to satisfy a few more opportunists!

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-10 AT 08:39AM (MST)[p]>I thought it was kind of
>lame at first. Then I
>saw the face paint. WAY
>COOL! The guy is a
>stud!
>
>Eel

I have to agree with Eel on this one. You ain't really huntin' if you don't have face paint on and it really works. I can honestly say that since I started wearing face paint the deer don't get spooked when we are road hunting.

Even when we are pheasant hunting I put face paint on me and my dog and our success speaks for it's self. Oh sure some of the guys laugh but I'm starting to see a few more dogs out there running around camo'd up..

I do have one problem however.. With dove season right around the corner and given the fact where I hunt in the Imperial Valley the temps in the 110 - 115 degree range are quite common. The problem is my face paint slides off in that kind of heat and sure enough once it's gone the dove get pretty spooky.
Anyone know of high temp face paint???

Hmmmmm... Great idea cbeard. My dog likes to roll around in that stuff anyways and it would be easier to put on her than face paint. Appearantly I must have got some in her eyes once as she tends to get a little bitey when I try to put it on her head.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom