What season is everyone going with this year for LE Elk in Utah?

What season are you in for?

• Total voters

Aerosith

With it being the second year of the new Elk management plan, I'm curious to see what seasons people are putting in for LE Elk this year. I predict there will be many changes in odds for weapon/season types.

I drew an AZ elk tag this year. So I switched my strategy from a forced draw mid season tag, to a long shot muzzy tag.
That is a great problem to have. I'm in the same situation this year, I drew a second archery NM elk tag. I put in for the late archery so I don't draw two conflicting hunts.

Used to always put in for archery or muzzy as a NR. Odds keep getting worse and worse so switched to the mid-season rifle to hopefully draw tag before I die.

Survey hasn't been up for too long, but.... good to see that muzzleloader scope rule helping the draw odds like everyone hoped it would.
Screenshot_20240514_090958_Chrome.jpg

Survey hasn't been up for too long, but.... good to see that muzzleloader scope rule helping the draw odds like everyone hoped it would.
View attachment 145779
Anyone that actually researched and looked at the tag numbers would switch to muzzy over rifle if they are not in the very top end of the preference pool for rifle.

Rifle tags cut to where odds are like a needle in a hay stack to draw, plus just a 5 day hunt.

More tags added to muzzleloader hunt and a 10 day hunt. Just saying!!! That is what I told everyone I would do, that asked me what they should do.

A lot of tards not on mm
Yeah but on this monster muleys survey, Pretty sure every one of them are on monster muleys.

And look at that the trend continues.
Screenshot_20240516_130836_Chrome.jpg

If this is a snap shot of how the general public is reacting then all the guys hoping for easier to draw muzzleloader tags ate not getting what they hoped for.

Will this trend continue??? Your guess is as good as mine. I still think overall after it's all said and done the scope rule change will have had a negligible effect either way.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom