ELK

whtelk

How is every ones season so far? The mornings have been cool and the bulls are gathering the girls. I got into a few last Sunday but never tried for a shot at the only cow that presented a shot. I am heading for Mount Emily next Friday and plan on hunting the remainder of the season. Any one hearing any bulls over east?

I've heard that they are talking but not real aggressively. You should have an incredible hunt if you hunt till the end. The season ending a week later than normal should make for a phenomenal year.

I agree that this should be an awesome year!!! I have been scouting and just hiking around that unit for many years. This will be the only time I will ever draw the hunt since it will more than likely take me 10+ years to ever draw again. What a killer year to draw it. I have been driving my family and co workers crazy since I drew the tag in June. Leaving here at 3:30 am next Friday morning, it is about 6 hours from here.

I'm leaving next friday too well maybe Saturday really early, we'll see. Headed for Northeast too for 2 full weeks. I'm currently dragging things out and making a pile of gear! Can't wait. Good luck

Was up in Scotts Mills saturday and a guy was bringing out a nice 6X5 (roosevelt) he had taken that morning. I got into a herd of about 15, but all I did was push them around. No talkin yet! Headin east the last 10 days of the season...its gonna be GREAT this year with having the extra week.

muleyman

Back
Top Bottom