Email Scam

BigChiefJ

I think this is a scam. I didn't apply for this tag first choice and it's also a tag that would go directly for sale and not to the next person in the draw order.

SCAM.jpg

In the 2023 draw, you applied for hunt code DM040O3R as your first choice. SEASON DATES.

A hunter who drew this license has returned it to us, and you are the next person on the list to receive the license if you would like to take it.

If you are interested in accepting this license, it will be treated like a first choice license, so you will forfeit your preference points. You would be required to pay the cost of the license. Please contact me so we can issue the license.

Once the Purchase Authorization is issued, you will have 3 business days to purchase the license before the system deactivates the authorization. If you currently hold an A-list license for that species, and you are within the refund window (30 days prior to the start of the season) you will be eligible to apply for a standard license refund. You can also surrender your current license up until the day before the start of the season. You will still only have 3 days before the authorization expires.

If you are not interested in taking this license, there is no penalty to you and you will retain your preference points.

If you are interested in receiving this license, please reply to this email no later than 3:30 pm on Sept. 23, 2023 . The timestamp of your email will apply.

Please do not hesitate to contact uswith any questions.

--
--
Thanks,
The Refund Office
License, Reservations and Customer Operations
B7qRLOcmPoF4V2FTQXJ0bWNCcm1uWmltb1V2bnNoNC9VZmljPQ.png

P 303.291.7208 | F 303.291.7106
6060 Broadway, Denver, CO 80216
[email protected] | cpw.state.co.us

This is the email I got. I replied back that I would take it and here is what they sent me.

Thank you for accepting a reissued license offer! I have added the purchase authorization to your account, and you can use the step-by-step guide to purchase the license. CID: 175667765

Please note when selecting your fulfillment method: "standard shipping" can experience delays by the post office, and "express shipping" incurs a cost not set by CPW. If you are getting close to your hunt, you may want to consider "pick-up at a sales location" and you can pick up your license anywhere licenses are sold in Colorado with your order number.

Thanks for supporting Colorado Parks and Wildlife!

I will let you know tomorrow if it’s legit or not.

I had a buddy just get the same email this weekend. He thought it was a scam at first, but then decided it was legit. I haven’t heard if he accepted the tag or not.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom