ENTITLEMENT at work!

Dean Parisian

7586food_stamp_receipt.jpg

www.deanparisian.com
www.teammuleys.com

If that's real somebody needs shot.

It's funny how we can't feed the animals in the park because they'd become dependent but we can feed generations of bums without seeing the paralell.

Stay thirsty my friends

Dude you can bet your last dollar that is real. My wife has encountered the same thing while standing in line at the supermarket.

RELH

I guarantee you it's real. I know people who buy cigarettes at the local Johnny Quick with the EBT card. Mohammed doesn't give a shyt what he sells as long as he sells something. I also know of a store that sells cigarettes as non taxible and pockets the tax money. No sense in turning them in either because the state doesn't give a crap, I know, I did and that was two years ago.

...every single entitlement program is the fault of the moderates just like 440douche....40%liberal want it...40% conservative say no.....and 20% moderate fools say...."who cares"...and it passes....thanks alot dude...

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Yeah that strech from 2000-2006 really cleaned house on the handouts didn't it? then Obama brought them all back so fast we forgot they were ever gone. that's how it happened right?

Funny how Obama managed to poke a HCB down your throats in 2 years of a full majority but you only got an unpopular war started in your 6 years. and doubled the debt you deserve credit for that.

Anyway.... there has to be a way to wean these bums. the farm bill is being gutted but don't expect food stamps to take much of a hit. and by the way the republicans have to approve it. say WTF ?

Stay thirsty my friends

Dude, your liberal democrats are the ones that submit the vast majority of bills to give the free handouts to our generation after generation welfare.

when the GOP trys to curtail or cut back some of those freebies, it is your liberal democrats that yell foul and make the GOP the boogey man for wanting to take away from the "POOR".

RELH

Yeah sure, what stopped them in those 6 years? other than starving out the bible belt and losing future elections that is?

The libs play robin hood because they want to, the conservatives don't give a crap about the peasants but they know what happened to Marie Antoinette so the go along with it all . they do whine a lot though so that's your definition of curtail?

Talk is cheap what did the republicans do to stop this crap when they had full power? what are they trying to do now?

Stay thirsty my friends

>Talk is cheap what did the
>republicans do to stop this
>crap when they had full
>power?

Unfortunately it was under Clinton but they did at least pass the welfare reform act that limits payouts to something like 5 years max. Since then I haven't seen anyone, Repub or Demo really try to stop the handouts.

And you won't. there will be lots of crying and whining as they pass the next debt limit, then another , then another.....

Stay thirsty my friends

My wife was a checker at a large grocery store for 13 years and my mother worked as a supervisor at the county welfare Dept. in the child support division for 20 years.
Between the two of them, tales of fraud, abuse and waste could go on for hours and hours.

Entitlement reform, welfare reform and tax reform are a real problem for Republicans.

The Democrats have successfully gotten almost half of American on some type of government hand out.
EVERYONE knows it is un stainable, and un fair to the taxpayers, but if any politician tries to even slow it down, they are instantly attacked and vilified by the takers, who almost outnumber the givers.

my wife works at a grocery store and says only certain things can be bought with food stamps, no tobacco or booze for sure.

Its part of America, our government has given certain Americans select rights, like grazing rights , water rights, mineral rights, property rights, ect. so with all these select rights comes all those without rights, and whether its to keep those without quite or calm, or its done out of guilt by the right holders I don't know, probably all of the above. Like the massive deficit its the way it is because its part of the failure of America and the inability to cope with a changing world and country.

Maybe we should go back to the way things were in the 1800's. That way Piper could pay off the country doctor with a couple of chickens. Sounds like Piper is defending welfare having the right to all those freebies.

RELH

>my wife works at a grocery
>store and says only certain
>things can be bought with
>food stamps, no tobacco or
>booze for sure.
>
> Its part of America, our
>government has given certain Americans
>select rights, like grazing rights
>, water rights, mineral rights,
>property rights, ect. so
>with all these select rights
>comes all those without rights,
>and whether its to keep
>those without quite or calm,
>or its done out of
>guilt by the right holders
>I don't know, probably all
>of the above. Like the
>massive deficit its the
>way it is because its
>part of the failure of
>America and the inability to
>cope with a changing world
>and country.

Just so I get this clear in my head, you believe that government bestowed property rights to a selected group of people? Mineral rights and water rights flow from the ownership of property which apparently you believe government gave to people and they didn't purchase that property with their own money and risk their own capital.

Grazing is not by right it is by permit which can and do get revoked or reduced.

If you believe America is a failure then why not go to a country that is better and not a failure? I can't figure out what kind of stuff you are huffing all the time. America has not failed, we have many challenges but every country does, even Canada has huge challenges by being so dependent on exports. Watch what happens to their economy when China slows down even more.

Entitlements are a problem and they will remain a problem forever but remember where all the entitlement money eventually ends up: in the pockets of the rich, that is why you don't see corporations railing against food stamps. You think all the big corporate grocery store chains don't profit hugely from those entitlements?

I challenge anyone on hear who thinks living on Food Stamps is the easy life to try to even feed themselves on what food stamps gives.

I don't love the program and think there is plenty of fraud, waste and abuse but I bet most of that goes into the coffers of the rich than stays in the pockets of the poor.

Nemont

I'd be curious to see how much money is spent (state and fed) to facilitate this program. My bet is the cost of administration is darn near equal to the cash amount the receiptents receive???

>I challenge anyone on hear who
>thinks living on Food Stamps
>is the easy life to
>try to even feed themselves
>on what food stamps gives.

Based on the receipt posted above it doesn't look like too hard of a life for that person. :)

Have you ever noticed there are far more obese people on food stamps than thin ones? and most of the thin ones are tweakers.

Just like we won't boot the uninsured out of the hospital we aren't going to let kids starve. so why not limit what they can buy to unprepared staples like rice, beans , flour, ext. this seems like the logical solution.

If it makes you feel better blame the libs, then when and if we ever get republicans back in control I will ask why they don't stop it.

Stay thirsty my friends

I don't have a problem with a foodstamp program that truly goes to those in need and does not go to feed illegals. I guess living in Cali, we see so much abuse that it frustrates people into wanting the whole program scrapped. I know so many people between family and acquaintances that are on food stamps/welfare that don't even try to look for a job because they are content with what the government gives them.

I would agree that it's probably not easy to feed a family on what food stamps provides but then why are so many not trying to do anything different? My sister-in-law is the poster child for welfare whores living on government money. I'm certain that when her kids are grown and gone and her assistance is drastically reduced that she'll somehow end up on disability to continue her way of life.

Piper, there's no doubt that people can't walk into grocery stores and buy tobacco and alcohol with food stamps but food stamps are accepted at shithole in the wall convenience stores where Makhmood or Ali couldn't care less what you're buying.

The other thing that pisses me off is the people that actually do it the right way by purchasing food items with their food stamps only to pay CASH for the beer and cigarettes afterwards. If you can afford beer and cigarettes, you don't need very much in food stamp aid.

Most if not all of their cash comes from welfare so what difference does it make.

I wish I could blame it all on wetbacks but we don't have many here. we do have lots of white trash and they're multi generational parasites.

Nobody expects the dems to fix this one so why don't you tell your right wing warriors to stop screwing around and do something about it. if they won't then hot air is all that separates them from the libs. I hear lots about birth certificates and tax cuts for billionaires but not a peep about weaning the bums.

As a moderate without tunnel vision this is why I don't see much difference between the two parties when the talk stops and the action begins.

Stay thirsty my friends

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-12 AT 11:10PM (MST)[p]Nemont your correct when you say grazing on public land is not a right, but its well protected for a select few by the government. The point is that many government policies are structured in ways that redistribute income upward, and since they aren't making any more land and there are 320 million people living here, its probably not unreasonable to think that the government should try to make sure people don't starve and maybe even have access to healthcare.

Our frontier mentality is a hard habit to break, but things change, and the sooner we accept reality the sooner things will have a chance to get better for the country as a whole.

You used to be able to buy food stamps on the black market for about 50% of face value. I wonder if they've stopped it.

Eel I think you have that backwards. A lot of welfare will sell their food stamps at 50% of face value to get cash for alcohol or drugs. A lot of the mom and pop stores have been caught buying food stamps at 50%of face value and making 100% profit when they turn them in for cash from the welfare agency.

RELH

I think they most states use EBT cards now to try to stop the fraud RELH and Eel are talking about. Food Stamps as such went out of use in Ne. at least 10 years ago they now use cards which are loaded with whatever they qualify for each month. Yes I agree they are misused and I like most people have no solution on how to stop it unless we are ready to let people starve.

Corn very simple way to stop it or curtail it. If a welfare receiver is caught abusing their allotment by fraud, remove them from the welfare rolls for a period of 5 years.

If a store owner is caught committing fraud, criminal action is taken and then civil action is taken to take away his license to operate a store for a period of 10 years.

One of the duputies I used to work with, left our department to become the fraud investigator for our county welfare dept. At one time he was a welfare social worker prior to becoming a deputy for about 7 years. This training and experience was helpful in his investigations. The first year he took over as fraud investigator, he recovered over $ 300,000.00 that had been taken from the county via fraud. This was in a county of around 50,000 population. Just think what is going on in the big cities and large populated counties in this country.

RELH

Corn very simple way to stop it or curtail it. If a welfare receiver is caught abusing their allotment by fraud, remove them from the welfare rolls for a period of 5 years.

If a store owner is caught committing fraud, criminal action is taken and then civil action is taken to take away his license to operate a store for a period of 10 years.

I agree RELH but as stated I don't think we as a country are willing to put more panhandlers in the streets by cutting them totally off welfare. I was in downtown Denver yesterday and the panhandling gets more brazen and aggressive every single time I go to a big city. We don't stop panhandling either which we should IMO.

Big Brother does not want to "fix" the problem, it was they that created it. It is not a matter of Dems vs Reps. Our Government wants the SHEEPLE to be dependent on them. They no longer represent us they now control us. Take a look at the "new census" questions. We are now bound by law to answer questions that have nothing to do with numbers, race or ethnicity. Take a look at the foreclosure situation. Who owns these properties? The banks...who now controls the banks? Who is now trying to take the tax benefit away from "home owners". Wonder why? Think about it. Who backed NAFTA? Dems and Reps. Our gov is out of control. Who is now trying to "Back Door" our Second Amendment Right by signing a UN arms treaty?
Also, our gov has done a fine job of indoctrinating our pop into believing it is the governments job to fix everything. IT IS OUR JOB TO FIX THESE PROBLEMS AND TO FIX OUR GOVERNMENT!
Wake the Frick Up SHEEPLE!
PISS ON THE FEDS, PISS ON POLITICIANS, PISS ON EUROPE AND PISS ON THE UN!

Norkal

"INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!"

You would be surprised how many of those panhandlers, or their old lady are drawing welfare payments while panhandling. Kind of hard to catch them for failing to report income on a hand to hand cash transactions.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom