ES Barker/Colin Neblett Bear

Omegasniper23

Anyone else get lucky in the Bear Draw? I drew 1/12 tags for the ES Barker/Colin Neblett WMA's. I have a friend who has hunted elk in the ES Barker, but that was just one day, got lucky opening morning.,but not to familiar with the Colin Neblett. I am not afraid to put some leather on the ground, and I am seeking any information you all are willing to share. I plan on scouting both areas, and I am not a trophy hunter by any means so any bear would be great. Thanks in advance for the tips, message me if you want it to be private. Thanks.

I hunt cause I love it, It's not what I do, It's Part of who I am!!!

No one has any advice? I know Monster Muleys is all about sharing info and tips, so if anyone can help me out it'd be appreciated. I can help with info on Unit 43, 39, 40. Thanks.

These areas are not real big, no real secrets or honey holes to speak of. If the rains are good this summer, I'd focus on the oak scrub areas of Barker. Other than that, its hit or miss, right place at the right time.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-21-14 AT 12:29PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-21-14 AT 09:17?AM (MST)

Thanks for the advice nmwapiti!!! I am pretty happy about drawing a tag and rely want to do my best to fill the tag. Any other advice from anyone is appreciated. I'll be making a trip up early April...keep you guys posted.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom