Euro Elk Mounts

I used a Skull Hooker for my euro mount elk. I think they look and work great so I ordered another one for the bull I killed this year.

>I used a Skull Hooker for
>my euro mount elk. I
>think they look and work
>great so I ordered another
>one for the bull I
>killed this year.

I've heard about these. Do you have any pics of your bull with the Hooker mount? Thanks!

>I killed a decent bull in
>Nevada this year and would
>like to do a european
>mount. I was hoping for
>some pictures anybody might have
>to give me some ideas
>as far as what to
>do for a plaque or
>other mounting method. I don't
>know if I have ever
>even seen a european elk
>mount. Thanks!
>
>
>http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/6819cimg1911.jpg

Ive actually have done about 35 elk euros this year and If you have a shoulder mount on the wall already, I think the euro is a cool difference from the shoulder mounts. I have panel mounts and log mounts for them.

Skull Designs: Quality European Mounts done with beetles at affordable prices

I came up with this idea.

1267pedstal_3_012.jpg

Once I get back home I'll try to take some pictures. I have another euro elk to put up when I get back. Mine are up high on the wall so it will be hard to see. If you want some closeup pictures of the mount go to skullhooker.com

>I came up with this idea.
>
>
>
1267pedstal_3_012.jpg

That looks very sharp! I have a pedestal bull mount that takes up a good amount of space so I have to stick to a wall mount. Thanks for the pic.

I mounted my 2010 bull last night using the new design large Skull Hooker. I'll have to say the old design was much better if you can find one. The new design doesn't have as much adjustment, puts the skull out another 3-4" from the wall, doesn't seem to hold the head as securely, and I can't get the head completely level. The bracket is level, but the head is tilted to the right slightly. I'm going to work on it some more tonight to see if I can figure out the problem. The old design I didn't have any trouble with and had everything done in 10 minutes.

Just thought I would post an update on my new Skull Hooker. I talked to Rob Shaw from Skull Hooker a bit and he told me the skull might be off a bit. Sure enough I checked where the prong attachment points are and it's just slightly thicker on one side. I believe that is my issue on the leveling.

The longer I have the mount on the wall beside my original design Large Hooker the more I like it. I'm resistant to change and my OCD doesn't like things being different so I should probably order another one of the current design just in case it changes again. :)

Boil the head for 3 to 4 hours then power wash it. If you want to preserve the sinus bones you need to use hot water out of a garden hose to flush the sinus cavity. Power wash the rest of it and Bleach with 40% peroxide. Glue the nose piece back on should it fall off.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom