Ever seen these?

conch

MVC-787F.jpg

Looks like somthing that would catch water but I would not have anymore of a clue kinda cool looking never seen one myself

UThunting
Clynt L Citte
Roy Ut

Yes, the first photo is a hat on a rock! LOL!!!!
It's a Kanab Custom Meats Inc. hat to be exact. The owner of the Kanab meats is a good friend of mine. Heck of a nice guy. Also keeps me in some very choice cuts. Anyway, I used the hat as a way of showing the size of the stone that the carving is in. I also think that these have something to do with water. They were put in the rock a long time ago. That's for sure! Kind of cool to just sit and ponder while out in the hills looking at stuff like this.

Looks pretty cool. Is it facing any direction in particular. Like east or west. Where I usually hunt I have found tons of indian ruins. I think it is pretty cool thinking about how they lived back then.

If that's sandstone I'm pretty sure what it's used for
See sandstone acts as a natural purifier for water, so the two bowls catch the water coming from the shaft and therefore run through sandstone purifying it when it gets to the bowls. And the aditional heat from the sun only speeds up the process.

-Cass

I don't think it was used for catching water because I don't think it would catch enough to make it worth while.
I know Indians used large rocks to grind seeds on. That's my best guess but I could be wrong.

Cass is like a geologist or an archeologist or something. Hey Cass. Sandstone could only act as a filter or "purifier" as you call it if water filters through it, not just running off the top.

Heres my "guess". It is a primitive device to melt snow for drinking water in the winter. A small fire is lit in the main "hole" and snow is stacked around it. The snow melts and runs down through the small rock trenches and the rough texture of the rock catches ash and charcoal particles as the water travels down the surface. But the question that comes to mind is that why would they go ot that much trouble if they had pottery. Maybe it wasn't the Anasazi and maybe they didn't have pottery. It would have to predate the Anasazi which would be fairly plausible.

I have heard a few different ideas about what they are. One is that it is a sacrificial alter of some sort, gives me the willies. The other idea came from Royce Young, a man who has covered the whole county on foot,probably twice. He said that they all point in the same direction. Could be a timing device for the seasons,or a direction finding device.The wackiest is that they all point the way to Montezuma's treasure! Where is the one in the photo? above the port ?

Im guessin its part of some Anasazi trail marking system. Or it could be one of ET's phone booths.

Kanabite,
That one is above the port. Royce would have been a great source of info on this, I'm sure.
I've been told that a local guy (Ford)has documented about eighty of these, and that he has some good intell on the subject. I guess I need to give him a call and see what he knows.

Correct,
I am majoring in Biology and have 1 more year left on my mine for Geology.
To be correct, if sandstone gets wet it automatically starts to deteriorate, and as the sun conducts heat upon the water it begins a natural purification. Sort of like boiling water in a pot accept the sandstone absorbs the minerals and then uses natural depression to move them down due to gravity on the heavier water.
You are right though, sandstone in a pool of water will act as a natural purifier.

-Cass

>Correct,
>I am majoring in Biology and
>have 1 more year left
>on my mine for Geology.
>
>To be correct, if sandstone gets
>wet it automatically starts to
>deteriorate, and as the sun
>conducts heat upon the water
>it begins a natural purification.
>Sort of like boiling water
>in a pot accept the
>sandstone absorbs the minerals and
>then uses natural depression to
>move them down due to
>gravity on the heavier water.
>
>You are right though, sandstone in
>a pool of water will
>act as a natural purifier.
>
>-Cass

Dual majors and you're what, 17 now? LMAO

I might believe you, "accept" I need to know which skOoL first. Drive thru or internet?

Esplain the mineral content of rainwater for me plEaZ. I'm still a little confused about this revolutionary water putrification process you have discovered.

If this stone is sandstone, then by Cass's definition, the symbol would not show now due to the extreme deterioration experienced over the last 50-100 years during and after rains...................... Allen Taylor......

Well, maybe Cassie will clarify if this phenomenom applies only to aeolian deposits, or fluvial deposits as well.

Conch, These are an awesome find. Would you want to make these pictures officially published to the UFOlogists around the world? You may have found a lunar landing module pads from exterestrials. I would bet my life there are three landing pods in a triangular shape per lunar landing module. Let me know if you want to go forth with making your statement official. Just let me know on this post and we'll go from there. Great find.

If you want more information on these types of findings, look at the following website.

http://www.alienpress.com/alienphenomenon.html

I'll be looking forward to your post,
Keith Kepplin

Cass,

The sun would have to heat the water up to 212 degrees F in order for purification to occur. Otherwise, the heat would promote the spread of bacteria, which is why you want to drink water that is either ice cold or boiled when you're out in the woods. Stagnant water that is heated by the sun is a breeding ground for bacteria.

Corey

seen a lot o' petroglyphs and such. never seen anything like that. probably aliens did it when they were on vacation from building the pyramids. or it could be the bigfoot deal too. when it comes to this antique stuff, i think it's all speculation anyway. but it is a cool find. probably just some kids making graffiti.

They would have to be Indian or Spanish related I'm sure. There is alot of markings that are similar over around St. George. It's too bad we still can't dig for artifacts. It's really put a damper on the discovery process. I personally know of some areas that I would like to dig for some Spanish stuff but the laws and fines are too strict for me. I have a friend that got fined around 10,000 and lots of restitution for digging. I can remember going on digging trips with my grandfather and uncles years ago. We found alot of cool stuff but all that is a thing of the past. It really sucks when you stumble on to some prime area and can't do anything about it.

Oh, another thing is that most libraries carry books that can shed some light on Spanish and Indian markings and what they could mean.

Believe what you want.
I graduated out of highschool and am going to two different schools. Going to UNLV on the Millenium Scholarship and have 1 more year there. Going to CCSN On my own money and I have 1 more year there as well. After I graduate I will be going to Montana State to get my masters in Biology.

-Cass

Cass, if you ever consider becoming a triple major, BSU offers a wonderfull program in story telling, I'm thinking they may accept you directly into thier graduate program.

Also congratulation on the Millenium scholarship, isn't that awarded for literary excellence ? ;-)

No, it's awarded to people who graduate from highschool with a 3.0 or better.

-Cass

It's a good thing that you are not majoring in Fictional Writing, cause you stink at it!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-04 AT 12:44PM (MST)[p]I have never seen one of those, but we have a few (very very very few) of these up here in oregon.
fa883916.jpg

Later Yall!!!!
mule-deer.gif

If I had to pick between between indian or spanish I would pick spanish.

BTW I would love to read a thesis by Cass on the natural purification of water. Cass, If you ever go that route you are welcome to use my driveway for research. I had them use extra proportions of sand in the concrete so the irigation water could be purified by running down the slope of the driveway. For extreem emergencies I was thinking of doing a pad for my boat. The concrete would be made from ground up sandstone so it could handle sewage purification. LOL

cass have you ever wondered why your socks turn brown when you take your boots off

3.0 They give scholarships for a 3.0 in Nevada. There must be a lot of idiots there.

Early man first used this sluse trap as a way to seperate gold and silver from the soils.
Next time take a can of soil dump it on the rock,
and let it stand walk away, come back in a month or two,
or after a rain and check it out.
either the wind or water will seperate the material and leave the precious metal. and as it moves it gets traped in the collection chamber,
and the little bit of rain you do get will put it into the pot.
the aztecs used this molinions ago.
I bet if you look around you my find larger ones in the ground its self.
they were usualy located near a area which had lots of this metal.
where exactly did you find these?

Elkdude, best explanation to date, kind of like a cave-man sluice box, clearly your a fellow millenium scholarship recipient ?
BTW, what is "molinions ago" ?

I still think that it is the hole cass carves in the rocks before he has sex with them. I mean who else is someone with a 3.0 GPA going to get. He sure seems to pretend to know a lot about the. Is he covring something up?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom