Explain this to me please

5yearcoueshunter

Was looking at Goulds Turkey draw reports from AZ game and fish for my NR odds. I see hunt 4047 had only 3 tags issued and 1 of them went to a NR. How is that possible? Doesn't there have to be at least 10 tags for a hunt before a NR has a chance at a tag? I know it's different for Sheep and Bison because they lump the tags together, but didn't think they did that for Turkey.

Thanks,
Travis

I'm the last one to say I understand AZ process, but wouldn't a NR who holds a lifetime hunting license be able to draw a tag in the resident pool?

I'm the last one to say I understand AZ process, but wouldn't a NR who holds a lifetime hunting license be able to draw a tag in the resident pool?
Gotcha, could be. I would think they would put that person as a Resident in the draw reports, but maybe not.

Lifetime Licenses holders who are NR are put in the NR column in the draw reports. I finally figured that out this year when azgfd messed up in the draw. I had 18 points and it showed all 5 residents with 18 points drew, yet I did not. As a LL holding NR I was listed in the NR column. It really makes me wonder how many of is there are.

Lifetime Licenses holders who are NR are put in the NR column in the draw reports. I finally figured that out this year when azgfd messed up in the draw. I had 18 points and it showed all 5 residents with 18 points drew, yet I did not. As a LL holding NR I was listed in the NR column. It really makes me wonder how many of is there are.
Did you call them out, and did they award you a tag? I’m one of these guys and it’s always in my mind that they mess this up

Confirms my suspicions that they don’t get the Lifetime license deal right…. Sucks because it’s impossible to call it out until you reach the max point draw. What about every year you’re in the random?
No way to verify it with their reports. But…. If someone submitted a public record request for this data, the dept might have to extract it.

It seems longranger combs over everything in the reports pretty thoroughly. He helped myself and others expose the errors in the elk draw this year. There were other LL holding NRs that got an unexpected call telling them that they got a tag.
There are quite a few people/groups trying to get an audit of the azgfd draw, but the requests get blocked. We need to find out what tags are being "drawn" by people that work in the AZ auditor generals office!?

Confirms my suspicions that they don’t get the Lifetime license deal right…. Sucks because it’s impossible to call it out until you reach the max point draw. What about every year you’re in the random?
I’ve drawn a couple tags as a NR LL holder in random draw that I could not have drawn as a NR so atleast it works SOME of the time. Who knows with AZ though.

Not sure where they show it but I am a Nonresident with a lifetime license. last year I drew 23N early elk archery with 19 points. this year I drew 13B Deer rifle with 15 points.

Hmmm. I thought LL holders were in the resident draw but paid the NR price. Oh well. I'm not a LL holder so I'll have to admit I don't really know. But any way it can be screwed up can and will happen with The AZGFD draw!

yes but now I can apply and maybe hunt every few years instead of waiting a lifetime to hunt. as I am getting into my mid sixties would rather have them now than later.

It seems longranger combs over everything in the reports pretty thoroughly. He helped myself and others expose the errors in the elk draw this year. There were other LL holding NRs that got an unexpected call telling them that they got a tag.
There are quite a few people/groups trying to get an audit of the azgfd draw, but the requests get blocked. We need to find out what tags are being "drawn" by people that work in the AZ auditor generals office!?
Not sure you want to do that. Your messing with the Elk Mafia~:cool:

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom