Extended Elk

Stonefly

Very Active Member
Just got back home from my last attempt at the mature bulls on the Sanpete. Walked my old legs off on a quick afternoon hunt and am gonna eat tag soup. Saw 1 group of 4 bulls on another property I didn't have permission for and the dang things were 200 yards off the fence... Feeding away of course. Saw 1 nice 6 point and made an attempt, don't know how he spooked I had the wind and quiet snow, but he walked off when I was about 100 yards. also saw 2 groups of cows and calves, with 1 maybe 2 spike that were to far with the storm moving in. got back almost to the Truck before the snow hit. Sure am going to miss this hunt, as this is the last year. We have sure enjoyed this hunt. the four of us have only harvested cows but had a blast trying for the big bulls. Gonna have to try filling tags on the regular season from now on I guess. If anyone is going to out the last couple days that have hunted this area and know Smokey, he has moved and is on the west side of wood hollow again. Good Luck

Bess , ya he is kinda famous out here. He rubs off in the burned Cedar..So we call him Smokey. He is a super nice 6X6 I have heard a couple guys say he scores 365-370. Iv been close to him 2 times. Once at 60 yards while he was Rutting, and 1 time at 40 yards while he was with 2 other 6X6's in thick Cedar, couldn't get a clear lane....he has a small following here. My son took 5 days vacation to go after him and never scored he said he didnt get within 100 yards. The best part was when I stalked in to 40 yards, he was watching though a spotting scope the whole time

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom