Face of Timp Cow elk

T

tsum

Hey guys i've got a face of timp cow tag and have been up a couple of times and not been able to turn up any elk... ive taken the horses all the way up dry canyon to the saddle of baldy and have hiked around there quite a bit and only able to find deer.. my neighbor says they are up there but ive been getting slammed with school and work lately and won't have any time to get off to make it that far up again.. just wondering if anyone has seen any of them a little closer to the trail head.... thanks for the help

LAST EDITED ON Nov-18-11 AT 08:55PM (MST)[p]Its gotton harder than in the past, the elk get pushed up to sundance turn off and dont move from there, with 3 months of pressure they get spooked. Give me a call and I can give you some places to look, I grew up on that mountain and know wheree they hang out. 801-362-0725

Skull Designs: Quality European Mounts at affordable prices

I have this tag also. I usually find them up out of Glen Canyon parking lot just below Timp but I have yet to do that this year. I was up on Little Baldy yesterday and glassed one cow on Big Baldy about 3/4 the way up but two hikers were on the ridge and spooked her towards Battle Creek. Usually by now I have found the elk but not this year in the usual spots. Thinking about trying up Grove Creek but I have never been up there so don't know it that's where they are at. We'll find them sooner or later. Good luck.

With this snow, I'm sure more elk will start showing up in the area around Baldy to Provo canyon. Its usually not hard to find them. Some days you can get into a bunch others you wont see any, but they are there.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom