Factory Loads

Stay away from Winchester. So far, I have liked the Federal Safari. The below pic shows a Winchester Mis-fire.

Jasonhttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid80/p14592dfe817ac3b973509bdc678d5ff9/fb0acd3f.jpg

Try again.....

fb0acd3f.jpg

I swear by Federal Premium 165gr. Sierra Game King. For me it has been the best round for my .06 that I have found. Check Federal's ballistic charts on em'.
Eric
fart.gif

Bird-01.gif

I use Federal Premiums with 140 grain nosler partition in my 7mm rem. mag. They are very accurate for a factory load. Steve

I really like Hornady Custom and Light Magnum ammo. They are accurate in all my rifles and have performed well on game at all ranges. But your rifle might like something completely different. You need to figure out what YOUR rifle shoots the best.

I have used Winchester supremes for years and never had a problem. I shoot the 130 grain silvertip ballistictips. My hunting buddy was just telling me last weekend on the way to our hunt that he had two federals mis-fire on him so I guess it can happen with any bullet...If I were you I would shoot several different manufacturers and see which bullet shoots best in your rifle....BigPig is right....

lot of people i know use 165 grain coreelockts, and they work fine, but i like 180 gr, winchester silvertips better.

Later Yall!!!!
deer.jpg

I shoot a winchester model 70 lightweight 30-06 and have in last couple years decided to try a higher end factory load, I chose 165 SST Hornady's, recently I tested them again'st 150 light magnums in Hornady, but couldn't match the grouping I had with the 165. I LOVE THEM! 1.9 inches high at 100 kills milk jugs at 200 and 300 yds. I know their going to hit a 180 B&C buck with my November late tag. They range anywhere from $26 to $17 at different stores. $17 at Hooked on Toys in Wenatchee Wa.

Another answer to your question-
I took a Whitetail @ 542 paces using the below Ammo-
in lots of open country [great state of Tenn.]
F E D E R A L ?
No. Primer-210
No. 180- Grains/Grams-11.66
Style Hi-shok Soft Point
Caliber 30-06 Springfield
Velocity in Feet Per Second
(to nearest 10fps)
Muzzle 2700
Yds 100 2470
Yds 200 2250
Yds 300 2040
Yds 400 1850
Yds 500 1660

I hit him mid chest- lt side
it had enough punch to churn up both lungs and lodge in the lt side of his neck just below his ear-

I retreived 134 gr propeller shaped projectile-

hope this helps- I only use 180gr Ammo

whtailtaker

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom